mixed version of AEC objects

Jozi68

EVERY time I copy and paste something in my drawing, I get the following message:

"This application has detected a mixed version of AEC objects participating in this operation.

Newer AEC objects will be disallowed from participating in this operation."

I don't want to see this message anymore, can someone please tell me how to get rid of it?

Thanks for the advice.

I downloaded and installed AutoCAD® Civil 2009 Object Enabler

It made no difference. Do you have any idea which one I should use?

I am copying and pasting in the same drawing, not from elsewhere.

I tried shutting down. I installed a few more of those enablers. Still the same problem.

When I open my drawing, there is a message:

"To be fully compatible with this version, save the drawing from the ooriginal application as AutoCAD 2000/2004/2007 format with AEC objects exploded or with Proxy Graphics enabled.

This drawing contains objects from a newer version."

I suspect this has something to do with it.

There might be objects in my drawing that comes from 2010.

How does one explode AEC objects?

Hmmm. Works in 2008. I believe "Drawing True Convert", now incuded with "Drawing True View", will explode AEC objects if you convert to an early enough version.

I'm not sure what "Drawing True Convert" and "Drawing True View" means.

The drawing is from an outside source yes, I think it is from AutoCAD 2010

He should have saved it "down" to a previous drawing file format and not in 2010 file format before he passed it off to you.

I see. He unfortunately didn't, and he's away on holiday. I still do believe that if I can explode the AEC objects (whatever that is), and save in 2007 format, the problem will be solved. (At least that's what the message says when I open the drawing.)

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I had the same problem since we install AutoCAD 2013 on one our machines. Ever since then, anyone (w/ AutoCAD 2012 or earlier) that opened a drawing that was opened and saved on the machine w/ AutoCAD 2013, would get that message. After a little research, I found that by purging the drawing, with the purge command, then purging it again w/ the -PURGE command, entering "R" for reapps, and then executing the EXPORT command. Once you've done all that, close the drawing w/out saving, and reopen, and it would be fine. I think you could just EXPORT the drawing w/out all that purging, to get rid of the warning. Drawings tend to get so junked up w/ apps and junk, that eventually they begin to crash, or perform poorly, so I tend to get a little OCD about them. So I purge the you-Know-what out of them. Hope it helps. Judging by the date on these posts, this might come a little late, but in the case you haven't or was looking for another way, I hope this helps.

• 3 months later...
I had the same problem since we install AutoCAD 2013 on one our machines. Ever since then, anyone (w/ AutoCAD 2012 or earlier) that opened a drawing that was opened and saved on the machine w/ AutoCAD 2013, would get that message. After a little research, I found that by purging the drawing, with the purge command, then purging it again w/ the -PURGE command, entering "R" for reapps, and then executing the EXPORT command. Once you've done all that, close the drawing w/out saving, and reopen, and it would be fine. I think you could just EXPORT the drawing w/out all that purging, to get rid of the warning. Drawings tend to get so junked up w/ apps and junk, that eventually they begin to crash, or perform poorly, so I tend to get a little OCD about them. So I purge the you-Know-what out of them. Hope it helps. Judging by the date on these posts, this might come a little late, but in the case you haven't or was looking for another way, I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for posting this! I don't know what version my drawing was created in but this solution fixed it.