Losing line properties when I plot! Agghhh!

bsrobbo

I complete my drawing and print from Paper space, set the LT Scale and lines show dotted, dot-dash etc. So far so good!

I go to print preview and it does not show the lines as dotted etc, I go back and increase / decrease the LT Scale (it does not seem to be an exact science) but when I plot all lines are continuous :x

Can anyone help / suffered the same?

Thankx.

3 Questions:

What's your LTS?

What's the paper size you're printing to?

How big of an object are you printing?

First thought, in the layout, start the MVIEW command, Shadeplot option, use As Displayed, ALL. See if that worked.

You also need to tell us what your MSLTSCALE, LTSCALE, AND PSLTSCALE values are set to.

Thankyou guys for the quality replies I shall try and capture your questions as follows:

Paper sizes are no larger than A1.

The drawings are very simple (furniture construction) and small file sizes, no 3D or rendering etc.

It is all lines

I have changed MLTS and PSLT to 0 (was 1)

LTS I have tried at everything from 0.5 to 1000 - no avail!

I just tried the MVIEW as suggested but no change.

Just to recap, whe I am in paper space the lines show dotted, but in print preview and when plotted all lines are continuous!

Any further suggestions gratefully accpeted:cry:

You may need to look at your pen table settings (this could be either a .ctb or a .stb file)

It sounds to me like this is the most likely cause.

When you open your pen table file, check its properties; there should be a section entitled Linetype. This should be set to "Use Object Linetype"

That is it!!!! Thankyou very, very much - so simple, I knew it had to be something easy.

Just great, double chuffed!

Thankyou everyone who responded, and thanks to NBC!

Good one NBC, I couldn't get my mind to come up with any other ideas.

Hey I just noticed if I add one letter to each letter in your Name it goes from NBC to OCD. Was that your intention, are you telling us you have Obcessive Compulsive Disorder.:lol:

I only thought of that because of HAL in 2000 the Space Odessy.

Good one NBC, I couldn't get my mind to come up with any other ideas.

Hey I just noticed if I add one letter to each letter in your Name it goes from NBC to OCD. Was that your intention, are you telling us you have Obcessive Compulsive Disorder.:lol:

Hehe, that wasn't my intentions behind my username, no