Answer to Question #5

BIGMIKE09281946

Which of the following is not a valid type of light you can add to a drawing for the RENDER command? a: point, b: spot, c: distant, d: ambient, e: none of the above (i.e. all are valid) I answered d, and was wrong.

My argument is: D: ambient is a default light, and cannot be assigned to a drawing

2K9 ACAD Question.jpg

First of all, the question doesn't make sense. You can't add any lights through the use of the Render command. The Render command initiates Rendering. So maybe it's a trick question? Did they tell you what the correct answer was?

If they're claiming that Ambient light is a standard Autocad light type, ask them to show you where and how you would add an ambient light to the drawing.

If the difference in your test score by getting this answer marked as correct means passing or failing I would argue the point. If it doesn't I wouldn't bother.

I do understand how you feel though and internally I would want to prove the point, but sometimes it just isn't worth the stress of 'teaching a pig to sing'.

This is one that I have been through also.

NO amount of documentation will change their answer.

Be advised that there are many more of this type problem that you can look foward to.

I still think the question doesn't make sense, and it should either be re-worded or thrown out completely, but check this link for information about ambient light in Autocad: http://www.caddigest.com/subjects/AutoCAD/tutorials/select/070604_parsai_ambient.htm

And how is it that the correct answer is B?

How can they say that the spot light is not a valid type of light?

I could never get used to the CS in the USAF, and I guess the people who wrote the tests, carried their skills to the outside. LOL If you can understand!