Insert raster image by attribute value

grazwelis

Hello,

Is it possible insert raster image by attribute value in drawing?

For example:

my blocks attribute value is sky, then in particular place sky.gif...

value is Sun, then i could see image sun.gif :)

how can I possibly do it? Please give me advise....

Thanks

Why wouldn't you just insert the gif (sky or sun) directly? What is the purpose of inserting a block with an attribute that calls a gif?

• 2 years later...

Why wouldn't you just insert the gif (sky or sun) directly? What is the purpose of inserting a block with an attribute that calls a gif?

I think the purpose of doing that is to have several attribute blocks (with the same name) but with different image....for example this attribute block will have some values with sun image & that attribute block will have some value with sky image (but both of it share the same attribute block)...& by that requirement you can't easily insert sky of sky image directly into the attribute block!

I'm having trouble understanding how an attribute, which is a value, could "call" the gif. It's not like it is a macro or a piece of lisp.

Then, I guess we can't used attribute to change the image...it's only applicable for values..right?

Is there any other ways?

Say...we have an attribute block that show signage post, with it's name & it's signage layout...by using the same attribute block we need to change it's name & at the same time we want to change it's signage layout image.

So by that we will have 2 attribute block (same attribute block name) but shows different description name & layout. For example like this:

222.jpg

Signage Image Size Model (1).jpg

Signage Image Size Model (1).jpg

I was thinking the same way.....but when we are dealing with hundreds of signages (it's an airport signages actually), then the dynamic block will be quite heavy...