paper space: how to move a drawing within a viewport?

nilou

I want to move the drawing within a viewport linearly and of a specific distance:

In my paper space layout I have two viewports, each showing one of the two different parts of a drawing. I want the two parts to be aligned properly, and thus can't move them simply by clicking on the scroller in model space. I vaguely remember that there was an option where I could draw a line in paper space and simply drag the model space along this line... Can anyone help?

thanks!

I would just draw a line with Ortho override (you can just hold shift for this) from one of the points and move the other viewport snapping the object to the line. Otherwise use polar tracking...

I use align space in the express tools alot. I trace the border, or drawing window in paper space then make a view port at the scale you want and change space on the line you traced over the border. So you have your drawing window in modelspace at the scale you want then i move it around in model space to where i want then go back to paper space and align space.