Hatch scale too small

Hi,

when I draw the hatch in scale 0.01 it does not come up. Tried to change the origin, it comes up just in the randomly selected parts of the boundary. The 'help says' that it could be system registry variable setting (setenv 'MaxHatch'), the default is 10 000. I have no idea how to change it... and will it help when i change it? Sometimes i need even smaller scale hatching... Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

You're using a hatch scale of 0.01 and sometimes you need something even smaller? Are the objects you're hatching drawn full size? What hatch pattern are you using?

I'm using 'gravel' hatch pattern in this case. The hatch is needed that small because i'm drawing the detail in meters, as all my plan is in same units, so i'm trying to stick to meters with my construction detail as well.

To verify what maxhatch is set to type the following at the command line then press Enter.

(getenv "maxhatch")

It may or may return the default value of 10000 or it may report it as "nil".

To set maxhatch to 100,000 type the following at the command line then press Enter.

(setenv "maxhatch" "100000")

The maximum value I believe is 10,000,000.

Try it and let us know if that solves your problem.

Yes, maxhatch was set up to 'nil', but setting it up to any of the decimal values between 100 to 10,000,000 didn't help:( it's strange, that I can get the scale of 0.02, but not 0.01 or smaller...

Any more ideas?;)

set your linetype scale lower, this will result in your hatch denisty being greater the lower you set it. I had similar trouble when a layout had linetype scale of 5000!

Thanks, my line type scale was on 2, i set it up to 1, it helped to reach the hatch scale 0.01:) Just of curiousity i've tried to make it a bit smaller, and it doesn't work again:( and tried to set up linetype scale up to 0.1 or similar, doesn't work... it seems like every hatch has it's own scale limit or something...

it's changing, but very little: i have to set up line type scale to 0.00001 to get 0.003 gravel hatch, which you would think is very small, but it looks that (text size next to it is 0.05 to get 2.5 mm on paper space):

Maybe it's your drawing scale that is out of whack compared to the scale of the hatch. A linetype scale of 0.00001 is just crazy.

One other thought. Is this an AutoCAD hatch pattern or a custom hatch pattern you're using?

I'm drawing in actual size, and my drawing scale is 1:20 on paper space...

Maybe i should use the milimeters instead meters... it's just that my master plan is in meters (for example, if the distance is 500 mm, the measurement shows 0.5, not 500), so I wanted the construction detail to be drawn in meters as well, otherwise I will get unproportionally big construction detail. Of course, i can play with the scale on paper space.

I'm using AutoCad pattern 'GRAVEL'.

Your construction "detail" should be at a larger scale than the master plan. That's the beauty of paper space layouts.

So, in paper space i have my master plan 1:500 and construction detail 1:20. i'm not worried about paper space:) i suppose i just gonna have to draw it in milimeters... one question, if i draw in mm, how can i set up the dimension to be shown in meters? i want all my dims on drawing to have same units