Problems with calculating areas of hatch

BenGoble

Hello,

I'm having trouble with some hatch areas which are returning no areas and making my life difficult when trying to calculate the areas of 500+ hatch areas. These problem hatches occur when the boundary of a hatch meets the same hatch boundary and can occur with a line like the one shown below, or when a donut with one line between the inner and outer edge, or when two objects filled with the same hatch meet at a corner like a pie chary cut into four quarters and filled in two of the quarters. This may seem like a trivial problem but I'm doing 20 models of housing areas of 208 hecatares/600 acres or so and this becomes a significantly time consuming problem to have to search through the hatches to replace these void hatches. Is there a way to avoid this problem in hatch setttings or is there a way to directly select these problem hatches via some manner of 'quick selection' so that I can go straight to the problem areas?

[ATTACH]13421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13422[/ATTACH]

Untitled-3.jpg

Here's a better example of the problem:

Single line results in area not being calculated

Untitled-3.jpg

Area isn't working

Untitled-2.jpg

Line Deleted and area hatched again

Untitled-1.jpg

Now it works! It's annoying me so much!

Oh also N.B. the differing between associative and the grip hatch make no difference.

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks

Why not create a hatch boundry layer, place the hatch boundries on this layer. If the lines are poly lines that are closed the list command will give you the area.

This boundry layer can be deslected from the plot and the layer turned off.

This will also help you to hatch the areas the first time, just turn off all the layers other than the hatch boundry.