Trying to find square footage

CadDan

I have to put the S.F. with the scale at the bottom of the dwg.

Now if I'm creating the object; just so happens to be a polygon in this case; how would I go about making it 2000 S.F. if it's 7 sides?

Are we talking a true 7-sided polygon or what might be referred to as a Heptagon (Greek) or Septagon (Latin)? Both sound like names of Transformers to me.

By the way, since you know the square footage (2000 s.f.) you're looking to obtain then isn't the title of this thread "Trying to find square footage" a bit misleading?

Just for fun I used a heptagon. Constructing one within a circle (using the array command) having a radius of 27'-0 7/16" and then letting AutoCAD tell me the area I came up with 2000.0583 sq. ft. Are you using a polygonal shape that is not a heptagon?

Are we talking a true 7-sided polygon or what might be referred to as a Heptagon (Greek) or Septagon (Latin)? Both sound like names of Transformers to me.

By the way, since you know the square footage (2000 s.f.) you're looking to obtain then isn't the title of this thread "Trying to find square footage" a bit misleading?

Don't know what the Greek or Latin would look like. I am talking about 7 sides, the bottom one being flat as if against a wall (might be what you're talking about, not too sure).

I didn't know what else to call it as I was strapped for time at the moment.

Just for fun I used a heptagon. Constructing one within a circle (using the array command) having a radius of 27'-0 7/16" and then letting AutoCAD tell me the area I came up with 2000.0583 sq. ft. Are you using a polygonal shape that is not a heptagon?

Don't know what a heptagon is. But I was using the polygon command to create it.

A 7-sided polygon was called a Heptagon by the Greeks and a Septagon by the Romans (who spoke Latin). Yep, even way back then (B.C. - before computers) someone knew of the existence of a 7-sided polygon believe it or not.

When you draw the polygon instruct AutoCAD it has to be inscribed within a circle and provide the necessary dimension called for based upon the info I gave you above. That's as close to 2000 sq. ft. as I could get without splitting hairs.