My dynamic block palettes won't work!

bbankston

I had to reinstall everything on my computer after I got a nasty virus on my computer. I went to edit a dynamic block I made and now I can't get my palettes to work. What happened and how do I fix it. See screenshot.

Thanks CAD folks!

AutoCAD LT - [CDocuments and SettingsbbankstonDesktopGraphicsBLOCKSGLASS.dwg].jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bbankston

• GE13579

• lpseifert

• chelsea1307

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually had a problem with the reinstall of CAD when I got my computer back from the IT dept. I was on the phone with AutoDesk for awhile just to get it back. And to answer your question, "No, it has not". It worked fine, of course, before the crash.

I hope I'm wrong but...

unless your old toolpalettes were in a different location, it could be that your reinstall may have overwritten your old toolpalettes. Did your IT guys happen to backup your custom stuff? (that was a rhetorical question)

You may want to suggest to them that they try a repair first before a reinstall; it doesn't overwrite custom files.

I got on these forums before I shut everything down on my computer and I backed up everything for CAD before IT wiped the hard drive.

Check this thread- I had the same issue some time ago.

You need to locate your .atc files, they will be parameter........atc, action..........atc and parameter set...........atc

They will likely be reduced to 1kb files. You need to locate on your network the files which are larger and replace them. Be sure to replace them with ACAD closed otherwise the change won't take place.

The OP stated that he has a problem with palette for the Block Editor not showing up, nothing to do with normal Tool Palettes I believe.

The OP specifies Dynamic block pallettes in the thread title and the screen capture confirms this. I have had the same problem in the past.

GE13579,

I'll take a gander, thanks!

If I had known there was another thread about this I wouldn't have started one. I did search, honestly, before I started this thread. I'll check harder next time.

GE13579,

I emailed you. I'm still having troubles with my dynamic blocks and when I ran a search no .atc files were present on my C: drive. AutoCAD LT is solely on my computer.

GE13579,

I found the files in C:\Documents and Settings\bbankston\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2006\R13\enu\Support\AuthorPalettes

And you're right, they are 1KB each. How do I get the correct version of these files? Should I run a repair on AutoCAD?

Would it be too much to ask for someone to just give me their .atc files? I'd be most thankful for it.

From the Autodesk EULA:

3.2.3 Transfers. You may not distribute, rent, loan, lease, sell, sublicense, or otherwise transfer all or any portion of the Software or User Documentation, or any rights granted in this Agreement, to any other person without the prior written consent of Autodesk.

As GE said, try running a Repair or Re-install.

Cad64,

Sorry about that. I didn't think .atc files were a big deal. I shall refrain from asking for such things from now on.

bbankston- do you have IT support at your place of work? Or a networked licence? If so someone where you work might be able to help?