AutoCAD Exercise

Manic_d

Hi

I've been working through an AutoCad exercise in order to improve my skills. However I have got relatively small problem & I'm stumped. When it says to add a jog to each column, I don't understand what the instruction is referring to.

Thank rKent but how do I go about doing this - could you help me out please?

If you are drawing them I would set Polar on (toggle button at bottom of screen), and have 45 degree angles set (right click over Polar button and pick settings, then 45, or pick 45 from list, depends on version of AutoCAD).

Simply start line command, draw out a distance that makes sense, now pull the mouse up at a 45, again a distance that makes sense and pick, then move straight out and pick again.

In my example the jog looked like the one in your example that was at 90 degrees but most of the time they are at 45 degrees.

If you have an existing line simply break the line, move it up then draw from one endpoint at a 45 towards the other line. Now use Fillet, Radius 0 to connect the three lines. Start Fillet command, hold shift down, pick two lines, pick two more lines.

Hope that helps.