Classic 'menu bar' for autocad 2010 architecture

DeTwizzle

The word on the street is that 'MENUBAR' command and (1) will bring back the classic view, but everytime i do this it just says, 'no tools defined'. WTF is going on? Is there a service pack or something I need to download to activate the classic menu? I saw a thread that had a fix for the MEP version but no architectural version. Plz HELP!!! I hate the ribbon... DOWN WITH THE RIBBON! Chant it everyone!

I did post a link to an article about returning plain AutoCAD 2010 to a "close-to-classic" state in another thread. Did you read it?

The word on the street is that 'MENUBAR' command and (1) will bring back the classic view, but everytime i do this it just says, 'no tools defined'. WTF is going on? Is there a service pack or something I need to download to activate the classic menu? I saw a thread that had a fix for the MEP version but no architectural version. Plz HELP!!! I hate the ribbon... DOWN WITH THE RIBBON! Chant it everyone!

it is a download from Autodesk.

Thx, I am not using revit in conjunction with autocad... just plain old autocad 2010. Does that download install the 'classic' tools from previous versions of autocad. I believe that all I need is a patch or download that has the tools on it... that is why when I type MENUBAR and then (1) it just says no tools are defined. I really just want my object properties back... other than that I could care less. I hate having my properties open all the time... but change is inevitable...

yeah the link you advised me to use looks like it doesnt work anymore... and I have scoured the autodesk website for the DL, no luck. If anyone can show me where this patch is on the autodesk website then they get a gold star. I would think that this download would be easy to find since I'm guessing most ppl want the old tool config...

since you are using just plain Autocad, and not Autocad Architecture, the general Autocad part of the form might yield more results. Usually the traffic this part of the form receives is lite since Autocad Architecture is one of the verticals. I will look around and see if I can find the link again for you.

• 2 months later...

that is for Revit Arch, I am using AutoCAD Arch 2010 and the menu's have been stripped from this release... sorry for the confusion, but I thought this thread was about autocad not revit... thanx

Camper

yes.... but that brings up the express menu only.... The menus have been stripped from acad 2010.... and there is a fix SOMEWHERE that autodesk had in the beginning then they took it away

ok... i unloaded the acad.cuix and then reloaded.... and BAM... I have menus and A LOT OF RIBBONS... sweet... one more thing... I cant find the Design, Document and etc menus. They used to be under pulldowns under the Window menu, but they are gone as well.. Thanx for your help... This got me 99% of the way there.. :-)

ok... i unloaded the acad.cuix and then reloaded.... and BAM... I have menus and A LOT OF RIBBONS... sweet... one more thing... I cant find the Design, Document and etc menus. They used to be under pulldowns under the Window menu, but they are gone as well.. Thanx for your help... This got me 99% of the way there.. :-)

are you using it as Autocad Architecture? If not you will need to load that profile. Type options, then go to the profiles tab. Load the Autocad Architecture profile.

Everything is now in ribbons, so your design, document, and utility are all ribbonized.