DWG w/ someone elses plot settings

grasshopper

I am now using autoCAD to assist me in estimating (thanks to this forum) as well as drafting, when possible I receive CAD drawings from contractors, because I spend 75% of my day drafting, our other estimators are loaded with a DWG viewer, one of both are frustrations are when we receive files from other firms in order to make a hard copy we need to modify the plot settings for every dwg, we are working on one right now that has one sheet per dwg file, one way to save on the amount of steps plotting is using the "previous plot" command, the procedure though is still not as fast as I would like it to be, is there a way to have the files open with my previous plot settings or default settings? if not it's okay just trying to find ways to take less steps during a procedure.

Thanks,

I am now using autoCAD to assist me in estimating (thanks to this forum) as well as drafting, when possible I receive CAD drawings from contractors, because I spend 75% of my day drafting, our other estimators are loaded with a DWG viewer, one of both are frustrations are when we receive files from other firms in order to make a hard copy we need to modify the plot settings for every dwg, we are working on one right now that has one sheet per dwg file, one way to save on the amount of steps plotting is using the "previous plot" command, the procedure though is still not as fast as I would like it to be, is there a way to have the files open with my previous plot settings or default settings? if not it's okay just trying to find ways to take less steps during a procedure.

Thanks,

you could save the plot settings into your page setup on every sheet so its saved in there when you plot. or setup one sheet with the correct plot settings in the page setup and do a batch plot (publish) of all the sheets, select all the files and click import in the "page setup" column of the publish window and navigate to the file with the saved page setup and all the sheets should have the "imported" version of those plot settings for you to publish to.

Create your own drawing with the pagesetups you would want to use. When you have drawings you want to plot open your file, use the publish command, point to the drawings needing plotted, select them all and use the pulldown to assign a pagesetup from your file, remove your file from the list and plot.