Plotting problem with HP designjet 500

naghshe

The problem is with paper size. I usually plot on 24"X36".

This paper size is not showing under available paper size. I have to go to PLOT DEVICE, PROPERTIES and modify one of custom sizes, but next time I need to plot the modified size is not there and I don't know how to save it so that I do it over and over.

Thanks for help

Is this a new problem or has it been this way since you got your plotter?

I have this problem since I upgraded to 2004. I don't think it's plotter related.

We have a HP DesignJet 500+ (24" width) with a HPGL2 add-on card. Never had a problem with paper selection. I can pick from a whole list of sizes that must include two or three options for 24x36. Sure you downloaded the correct driver? Did you try uninstalling then reinstalling the plotter?

I have: ANSI D, ARCH D, and Oversize: ANSI D as possibly choices.

I'm sorry but it has been a very long day for me so I must be going shortly. But before I do this is the driver file you should have downloaded:

hpdj500800wumglen.exe 1,986 KB

I'll catch you in the morning (Saturday). Cheers mate.

I do have ArchD and Arch C size in my plotter, but what I'm looking for is to modify the oversize: custom paper, it give's me error message:

Unhandled Access violation 0x0000 expetion at 57c945f4h

The drivers are incorporated in the .exe file you downloaded. To extract them just double-click on the file.

To load the drivers you must first delete the plotter in Printers and Faxes. Following this you must now Add a Printer. When prompted for the location of the driver file (.inf) point Windows to the location of the folder containing the drivers you extracted using the Browse button.

I'm not sure why you are getting the error. I also don't think the custom oversized paper dimensions you enter are retained either.

A few years ago, had similar thing happen with an H-P 750c (I think). Even though you may have just plotted out a drawing, and have the wet one in hand, the plotter would say Illegal Paper size when it came to inserting a second sheet.

We had to go back into Windows, tell it was OK, plot what you see, etc. It would immediately think you were shoving the page in wrong direction, that the proposed image was to be done "Full sized" (as we work in acres) and thus would not fit, that it did not understand Paper Space, etc or a host of things that would not stay put. One box or something always got unchecked immediately after printing and would foul up things for the next shot.

No, no, no. Don't you understand I just want another plot exactly as before? No changes whatsoever.

Wm.

The drivers are incorporated in the .exe file you downloaded. To extract them just double-click on the file.

To load the drivers you must first delete the plotter in Printers and Faxes. Following this you must now Add a Printer. When prompted for the location of the driver file (.inf) point Windows to the location of the folder containing the drivers you extracted using the Browse button.

Can I just replace the driver without deleting the printer first.

I have problem finding the plotter by the computer since it's connected via Jetdirect card.

The best chances for a successful outcome is to the follow the recommended procedure otherwise there is no guarantee it will work.