can't select viewport properties

paul1966

i have been sent a border to do a drawing when you click inside the viewport you can see the viewport boundary which is right on the edge of the page border but i can't click on the vp boundary to get to the properites menu to lock it, i just keep bringing up the attdef details for the page border. i have contnued with the drawing but getting a little concerned if i can't get into the vp properties.

any help apprechiated.

Try holding the Shift+Spacebar (or Ctrl key if Legacyctrlpick=1) while trying to select the viewport with the left-clk, this will cycle through the entities within the pickbox.

For starters, make sure that the VP isn't on a layer that is turned off. Second, you should be able to lock or unlock a VP at will by using the little lockpad icon just below the viewing area on the right side. Also, if the outline of the VP follows the lines in the border, click on the border then right click and go down to "draw order" then select "send to back".

most of the time peolple put vp in defpoint layer so that the border does not print. there is connection between '0' & 'deffpoint' layer. so if '0' layer is switche doff u can not selct anything on 'deffpoint' layer even though its is on & unlocked. so try switching on '0' layer in that case.