Attached: VBA application for drawing ducts and pipes

Joro--

Hi, all!

Working in the sphere of HVAC I developed an AutoCad VBA application for drawing ducts. I've been adding some features during the last months and I always use it when it comes to duct layouts. Since I'm probably not going to make new modifications soon (don't have enough time) I decided to share it with all who would find it helpful.

Main features include: graphical representation of continuous ductruns; flexible connections; drawing scale; set of working layers; air duct calculator; predefined pipe diameters; representation of single duct pieces (elbows, deviations, T-pieces)

Find the application attached together with basic instructions how to use

Any opinions/critics are more than welcome.

George

Duct Drawer.zip

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joro--

• cancer24

• nett8

• CADMASTER1128

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, you probably should use WinRar to decompress. Infact the original file name was "Duct Drawer.rar", but it could not be uploaded as .rar, so I changed the extension manually to "Duct Drawer.zip". Real .zip-ping makes the file more than 250K (which is the maximum that can be uploaded here). I myself tried to download the file and it worked correctly.

JimF,

Glad you like it. In the field "size" you enter the horizontal dimension of the duct, in "B" - duct height, "L" - airflow.Once you have these filled press "+" or "-", which increments or decrements the horizontal size with 50mm. Velocity in "V" is recalculated each time you press these buttons

Regards,

George

• 7 months later...

George, thank you very much for sharing your program.

Is there a way to reset it from metrics to imperial units?

Regards - Alex

asafyan,

I haven't provided for an explicit option to go from metric to imperial units, but I think you can customize it yourself. If for example you need to input in inches, regarding 1 inch = 25.4 mm, you can just correct the scale factor to 25.4 and the dimensions will be as in inches.

Regards,

Joro

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have been searching for this for weeks, very nice.

Myself is not a drafter, but an engineer, well, the situation is that sometimes I have to produce ductwork drawings using autocad!

I don't feel like to ask the drafter for this kind of software, cause you know he might think that I am invading his space :D ....

But really, if you can show me something like that I'd be so grateful... I am playing with the program right now.

Autocad MEP is just a disaster, I mean I want something very simple (work with Autocad of course, yet powerful like this one.)

Many thanks.

:) I'm glad you like it. I'm still using it in my work. I also find using it much easier than using MEP, now in the company where I work all of us use it for drawing ducts. Unfortunately lately I haven't had much time for VBA development :(.

:) I'm glad you like it. I'm still using it in my work. I also find using it much easier than using MEP, now in the company where I work all of us use it for drawing ducts. Unfortunately lately I haven't had much time for VBA development :(.

Yeah, it is very simple yet so powerful.... Many features I liked about it, the nice flexible duct, the transition fittings (symmetric and assymetric), the bends that let you choose the outer radius and the angle ... So simple and so powerful... the angular tee (Most favorite one!)

Can't wait till you include diffusers and registers in it :D

I have been searching for this kind of programs (free programs 8) ) for weeks, and mistakenly stumbled on this old thread.

I am so grateful to you, If you guys know something like this nice program please tell me... I am still searching.

Autocad MEP is just a disaster, I mean I want something very simple (work with Autocad of course, yet powerful like this one.)

Why would you give such a harsh comment on a program when you just admitted you want something simple, which AutoCAD MEP is far from? I think that's one of the most unfair and unbalanced statements I've ever heard on this board.

Tannar, they only have two posts here (so far)... Challenge the merit of their 'harsh statement', but don't scare them off, bud. :wink: LoL