Attached: VBA application for drawing ducts and pipes

Joro--

Tannar, they only have two posts here (so far)... Challenge the merit of their 'harsh statement', but don't scare them off, bud. :wink: LoL

Good point. I definitely wasn't trying to scare anybody off and I can see where my post might have seemed that I was picking a fight.

AutoCAD MEP is not a program for your draftsman that just needs simple 2D mechanical HVAC layouts for shop drawing and as-built purposes. The intention of AutoCAD MEP is far, far greater than this which is why I say this is a very unfair statement. Heck, when I'm not utilizing AutoCAD MEP, I still use the simple but powerful VBA app that ASMI made years ago for my 2D HVAC & Piping layouts as my primary ducting and piping program.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joro--

• cancer24

• nett8

• CADMASTER1128

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good point. I definitely wasn't trying to scare anybody off and I can see where my post might have seemed that I was picking a fight.

No worries. I knew you meant well; just wanted them to know that too. 8)

Cheers! :beer:

Why would you give such a harsh comment on a program when you just admitted you want something simple, which AutoCAD MEP is far from? I think that's one of the most unfair and unbalanced statements I've ever heard on this board.

Hello Stykface,

I have been trying to learn Autocad MEP the last 9 months, the concept behind is great, but they have a lot to finish. The parametric part and the content builder, is just too "primitive"!

The software tries to accomplish a lot but ends up doing very little! 2D, 3D, AC calculations, Plumbing, Electrical etc... wouldn't be so nice, if they concentrated their efforts on achieving certain goals instead of distracting themselves with too many things!

I mean they must have something for everyone, the beginner engineer who wants to draw a quick AC ductwork system, and the seasoned CAD drafter who wants to co-ordinate architectural and building services plan/section drawings 2D/3D.

Content builder got to be finished, bottom line, I want a an angular tee (where I input the radius, the angle, and the branches sizes, and bam! I get one... just like Joro's one) ... As far as I know, AutoCAD MEP doesn't have angular tees in its library :unsure:

By the way, I liked your work using AutoCAD MEP here, very nice, I have been learning from it 8)

Every program lacks. There's not a single program that offers every single bit of needs for every single human being operating it. I'm just saying, just because there's not a particular fitting that fits your needs doesn't make it a disaster.

The ability to use Constructs and the Project Navigator, intelligent AEC Scheduling, the Style Manager, the Display Manager, live Sectioning Tools, ability to create Piping and Duct Systems, automatic Routing Preferences, ANSI fitting and part catalogs that are editable, schematic symbol support for Display Configurations, automatic annotation for elevations, sizes, and tagging, taking a BIM model and creating 2D shop drawing construction documents, the list goes on for how good the program is. And trust me, the list is even longer for wishes and complaints but I will never undercut AutoCAD MEP as a disaster and I'm considered an experienced user.

If you need simple 2D HVAC layouts, then yes AutoCAD MEP is completely over the top. In other words, don't buy a Formula One race car for a soccer Mom. Definitely not the best fit, and doesn't fit the simplistic needs for running kids around. ;)

http://www.tomicad.pl/welcome.html

After tremendous work with Google translation tool! I found something by mistake .... I mean something free.

This is a very great software, This Pole company developed Wentyle 5.0 to be used with AutoCAD for drafting HVAC drawings.

Try it, it is free...

That what I was talking about ... sort of.

Though I see some shortcomings in it, I am still grateful for them that they made it free of charge...

Why don't you guys share with us what you're using for drafting havc drawings!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Registered here just for this file. Was looking for a solution just like this! Thanks. Can you send me the code I'm curious on making some tweaks for size calcs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

hye... let me Share DUCT2K for HVAC Design (2D) Drawing... suit run on AutoCAD2007 & AutoCAD2008, certain part such as Exhaust Diffuser got some error, by the way we can use Return Diffuser as replaced functionality. the method to add this menu, i have show it in screen cast. this menu is using in Malay Language (Bahasa Melayu). hopefully u all enjoy to apply it...

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zvptaku6merre/Duct2K

abbr :-

1) Diffuser Bekal : Supply Diffuser

2) Diffuser Sedut : Return Diffuser

3) Diffuser Ekzos : Exhaust Diffuser (some error)

4) Jana : Generate (layout drawing, shall be generate to apply this menu as function)

5) Garispandu : Guideline (this line is guide to determine draft/draw the duct, the guideline shall be straight as axis-x & axis-y to ensure this menu is functioning)

p/s : others function, let explore by yourself. enjoy it...

Edited by nett8
change link share for Duct2K

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Joro--,

Thanks for sharing. I have another program that runs on "dd". Is there a way i can bypass your "dd" with something else?

thanks

Edited by loftys