Help with loft

MarvinX

Hello to you all, first post althought i've been using Autocad many years. For my latest project i am trying to create a solid with the loft command and i can't figure out what i am doing wrong... Any help appriciated. Thanx

Dirt.dwg

Thank you JD. i can understand your method but when i try to create the slicing surface (two lines for cross-sections and the 2dpolylines for guides-even the one of them as path) I keep getting...

"Modeling Operation Error:

The guide is not G1 between first and last sections.

The selected entities are not valid."

And the thing is that loft as a command should do this things in a snap...Been used to maxs' loft command wich is a thousand times better! Can't compare different things but i have to express my coplains

And the thing is that loft as a command should do this things in a snap...

Speaking of snap. One of your profile curves did not meet the guide curve (no osnap) so I moved it. Use the multi-entity polyline as the profile curves and straight lines as the guide curves (actually don't really need - but I use anyhow).

...Been used to maxs' loft command wich is a thousand times better!

Max does not have a very demanding geometric tolerance.

If the three curved poly’s are to be used as guides, they should be re-filleted to ensure tangency (G1 continuity) at the vertex.

Max does not have a very demanding geometric tolerance.

If the three curved poly’s are to be used as guides, they should be re-filleted to ensure tangency (G1 continuity) at the vertex.

That's why i said "you can't compare diffent things,but..." :wink:

I managed to create the solid by cutting the procedure in three steps (the three different colors at the attached). This meant that i had to draw 2 more cross-sections(in white color in the attached). The thing is that i could not do it in one step wich i believe is possible and has to do with the G1 continuity as Seant mention! I'll work it out a bit and see what will come up. Thank you all for your time.

Dirt2.dwg