Having trouble w/ L command..pls help!

F&W cabinets

I am having trouble w/ the L command...when I type L and click space bar to begin drawing..the layer color changes to 0 layer by default & does not stay in the layer color I have selected. If I type PL for polyline, then the layer color stays to my selection. I have switched pc towers w/ someone else and I did not have this problem when I had my old tower. Again...it only happens when I type the L command, but if I click the LINE box on the toolbar the layer color stays to my selection. Please help.

Thank you for your time and consideration

F&W cabinets

It sounds like you have a lisp file loading that has the L command defined to switch to layer 0 and starting the line command.

Search in acad.lsp, acaddoc.lsp and acad2006.lsp to see if you can find it.

At the command line you can type

(findfile "acad.lsp") .... to find where they are located.

I found a file called acad2006doc which i believe is one of ther files you said to look in...my question is what do i do when i find the lsp file?

I found a file called acad2006doc which i believe is one of ther files you said to look in...my question is what do i do when i find the lsp file?

Open it in a text editor like notepad.exe, search for

DEFUN C:L

If you find it copy and paste the line below that here, maybe the next 10 lines.

What I would be looking for is code that would change the current layer to 0 and then start the line command.

You could also search for

(COMMAND "LINE") or (COMMAND ".LINE") or (COMMAND "._LINE")

I had it working on my old tower so until I got on this new tower it just bugs me to no end not being able to keep the layer color to my selection when I type command L. I wish I had your experience to find that darn file.

Well I guess I'll live to fight another day.

You could copy all the acad*.lsp files from your old tower to the new tower. Go to the old tower and email the aforementioned files to yourself. Open the email you sent to yourself, then save them to the folders they belong in on the new tower. That should do it.