Copy with offset

JeepMaster

There must be a faster solution than this. Is there a simple way to copy objects with a custom offset from a selected point. Example: I'm copying receptacles along a wall, and want to offset the last one say 300mm from the end of the wall. Right now I would copy it at the end of the wall, and then move it 300mm away. It would be so helpful if I can combine these steps into one, or at least be able to make the offset in the middle of the copy command. Anybody have a solution to this?:unsure:

I just use direct distance entry as I drag the object I want to copy in the direction I want to go. Anyway, be careful when you mix the terms copy and offset. One isn't exactly the same as the other.

Ok, I just asked my co-worker and he's a right-click person. There's actually a built-in option to do exactly this. During copy command, simply do shift-right click and pick "From" and click a new from point then enter distance. Man, I really should check out all the right click options more. Now I feel like a noob.:D

Actually, you can also type "from" during copy command to do the same thing. I guess you learn something new everyday. I wonder how many more "hidden" commands there is. Wonder if "make coffee" or "grab beer" is in any of them. :D

Just found out you can use the "from" option when drawing polylines too. This will help me out drawing housekeeping pads. "sigh" Feel like noob X2.:glare: