Hatching in section

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to Autocad too. I'm currently using Autocad 2009 but also used the 2007 version.

Anyway...I'm working on a section of a building in 2D and I can't seem to figure out how to indicate the various materials used in the construction of the walls, i.e. reinforced concrete, brick and insulation materials. I've looked in the "hatching" section but the number of options are limited and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I hope I've explained well. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks.

Polly

Thanks for your quick reply, ReMark.

Well, what I'm actually looking for is "hatching" that will represent the various materials used, such as concrete, wood, etc. There are the basic ones but not exactly what I'm looking for. I was wondering if there was somewhere I could find more examples.

I'm really not explaining myself well, am I?

Well we have been around the barn twice so far.

Yes, I'm well aware you are looking for hatch patterns but you were not very specific about your needs other than to say the AutoCAD patterns were not exactly what you were looking for. Let's see if we can help.

Sources for free AutoCAD hatch patterns include:

CADaylst magazine - Look in their CAD Tips section. Use the Search feature. I recommend just searching on the words hatch pattern. www.cadalyst.com

CadCorner - www.cadcorner.ca/hatch.php

AutoCAD Hatch.com - www.autocadhatch.com

dotSoft - www.dotsoft.com

Draftsperson.Net - www.draftsperson.net

There are also companies that sell hatch pattern libraries if you care to part with some of your hard earned dollars.

If none of the above provide you with what you are looking for then I suggest you use your favorite search engine and plug in the words autocad hatch patterns. You'll find a number of useful links. Good luck and welcome to the CADTutor forum.

Thanks, ReMark! These sites are great! I've found what I need....at least I think so!! :D

Oh....and thanks for the welcome! No doubt you'll be "seeing" me alot more here! I'm still trying to get to grips with Autocad so I'm going to need all the help I can get! I'm so glad I found this forum.... :wink:

You're entirely welcomed Polly.

You'll find many knowledgeable and helpful people here at CADTutor. Pretty soon we'll be looking to you for answers to our questions! :)

It'll be a long time before I can help others as I'm still figuring things out for myself...but thanks for the encouragement and confidence in me! Really wish I had the same confidence in myself!! :D