"@" symbol not working with "alt" key

enemigoman

Hello:

I have a very small problem that is driving me crazy.

I have recently migrated from AutoCAD 2007 to AutoCAD 2010.

Due to the fact that I use Spanish-Language keyboard, my whole "CAD life" I have written the "@" symbol with "Alt" + 64.

For some reason beyond my understanding, this doesn't work with the new AutoCAD. I have tried it up to 2008 version and tried in every other software and it works. Only ACAD 2010 won't accept it.

Now, the other way to do it in these kind of keyboards is with "Alt Gr" + Q, which does work. But you go and try to teach an old mule a new trick. It just halts me completely. You might argue -and be right- that I should just change my habit, but this is how I've done it for the past 12+ years every single day of my life.

Does anybody know how to fix this, or should I just schedule a brain transplant?

Thanks

Not sure why it wouldn't work? The only advise I can offer is that you try turning dynamic input on, it will take some getting used to (I realise this might not be what you're after from your post!), but you won't have to input '@' anymore for relative coordinates- they should be set as default and you will need to preceed coordinates with '#' if you need to input absolute coordinates.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello:

I just wanted to let all of you interested know that I just found out this problem only happens in the AutoCAD Classic View mode in ACAD 2010.

Belated thanks to GE13579 for his tip, but by now I prefer to (and am still struggling with) 'Alt Gr' + 'q'.

Regards

I have no real input on this, but I'm interested in why @ is on AltGR+Q for you? I have it on AltGR+2 (swedish keyboard) - have you all kinds of signs already attached to your AltGR+numbers?

You're welcome enemigoman! Sorry I couldn't provide a solution for you.

Here in the UK, Alt Gr + 2 and Alt Gr + q both do nothing. :(

I feel cheated! :cry:

You're welcome enemigoman! Sorry I couldn't provide a solution for you.

Here in the UK, Alt Gr + 2 and Alt Gr + q both do nothing. :(

I feel cheated! :cry:

If I try either of them I get this.....

Command: 1347 selected,
Do you really want to do this? <N> *Cancel*

If I ctrl-A it says the drawing only has 155 items so where the other 1192 come from I have no idea, and neither do I know what it is that I really wanted to do.

Oh yeah... I didn't try it in CAD... wonder what happens if I enter yes... :o

PS welcome back Dave, hope you had a good holiday!

got back from the holiday a couple of weeks ago (thanks, BRILLIANT!) but slipped in the garden last week and been off with a pulled calf muscle. Came back to LOADS of work so having to do that right now.

To Tiger:

I use a Spanish-Language keyboard, specifically from Colombia. I don't know if other Spanish-Language speaking countries have yet even more differente keyboards.