no experience with auto/visual LISP

AAONCAD

Se7en, will you accept a pdf file by email? it's a picture of my current CAD 14 screen, with the desired tool bar options needed. I need to determine what format these where done in i.e. DCL, or something else.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Se7en

• AAONCAD

• Lee Mac

• JohnM

Top Posters In This Topic

no spontaneous is my middle name and anxious is my last name.

I can see that computer science is your passion and wanted further assitance with some learning development, would you be intersted?

no spontaneous is my middle name and anxious is my last name.

I can see that computer science is your passion and wanted further assitance with some learning development, would you be intersted?

sure. what do you have in mind?

I need to send you a PDF of my personalized Cad screen and see if you can help identify and initiate the transition between old DCL/LSP files with ones that are compatible with vlisp and 2010

I am confused again but let try and tackle your proposal first.

How am i going to guess (based upon an image of the interface to an "application(s)") if a lisp/dcl --or series of them-- (if thats even what the button(s) points to) can be used in a vertical product? No, I sincerely apologize but I will have to respectfully decline. If your product was developed third party i recommend contacting them. If you application was developed in house then i recommend getting a copy of 2010 and trying it out.

Now let me explain why I'm confused. Bluntly speaking: I'm confused as to...if you mean that task to mean...or what that has to do with "further assistance with some learning development"? Sorry for being blunt but i have a fire to put out here.

Se7en that you for cordially declining my request, no the company I work for doesn't want to necessarily want to hire third party consultation, due to the fact that our primary design program is Solid Edge. So I have acquired the responsibilty of getting 2010 interfaced with a update script/language. I am considering looking at an approach through VB.NET as a writing language, we have a programmer on staff that's somewhat familiar with VB.

Figuratively speaking, I'm have to build a bridge across the Pacific Ocean in order to commerce with Asia just becuase our current freight liners are all occupied and used for different applications.

Fires? Firefighter by day/Programmer by night?

Figure of speech; more like janitor by day and errand boy by night.

VB.net is not really like VB. I used to "know" some VB (I never told anyone 'cause i hated the language) and I was told that it was NOTHING like what VB/A was.

How much time do you have to complete this task? I think my recomendation for learning Scheme by using that MIT book/class may still hold water; Take a month or two and learn the basics of programing with a high level language and then you can "jump into" almost any other high level language you wish from there. BTW there is even a Scheme.net

VB.net is not really like VB. I used to "know" some VB (I never told anyone 'cause i hated the language) and I was told that it was NOTHING like what VB/A was.

Really? I have never taken a .NET class; but I have recently taken over maintain one of our companies old VB programs and was forced to upgrade to VB.NET because of Visual Studio and really have not noticed much of a difference.

Lee, I may not be wrong here; but I believe .NET is the ability for the prefix language to be able to access functions in variety different programs and in some cases not even require the program to be open.

However, I hope someone else gives you a better answer. :)

Lee Mac, No.

> Really?

Olhado_, No need to ask if you know. *lol* But seriously, you would know more then me then; I'm a Unix guy who's stuck in this Windows hole. I was given an explanation from a few professional developer friends but most of the stuff they were `gliding over' went WAY over my head.