Question about Wall professionalism

CadDan

Not 100% correct. If I have a white line in model, then it turns black in paper. If I have a blue in model, then it stays blue in Paper. Make sense?

You mind me taking a look at the drawing to see what is going on? You should have my e-mail.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADMASTER1128

• CadDan

• ReMark

• lpseifert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to be a prude a bout it, but I would rather wait to show it off when it is completed.

What I am trying to say; lets see if I can make this more understandable; is that I have the drawing in white on model space, but when I switch to paper space the lines turn up gray. Now when I click on the layer property manager, the lines say white, but the little color indicator next to them portray (think I'm using that word right) that it is black or gray.

I would prefer to see the completed drawing.

Try this: (Found this in a tutorial I wrote)

10. Now that the drawing is set set, right click on Layout1 and select Page Setup Manager.

11. Click Modify. At the top where is says Plot Style Table (pen assingments) select the Aec Standard.stb style.

12. Click OK, then close to exit.

13. Hit: File > Plot > Select Printer Name > Check Fit to Paper > OK

It plots in black and white. I believe I just got freaked for nothing. I remembered that the little color box changes from white to black when you switch, but now when I did it after doing what you have provided, they are indeed in black instead of gray now.

Screening, dithering, halftone ? aren't we getting a bit techie here for a beginers forum?

Just using the .ctb file to set the plotted lineweights should do the job.

You may have to set up a couple of different white layers; eg. one white layer that plots colour 8, and another white layer that plots colour 399 (dont know what that is without checking but dont have Acad on this laptop), with different line thicknesses set for the colour numbers.

We had to do something like this recently when our major client rationalised their international sites and changed their draughting standards so that grey No.9 which used to plot at 0.18mm thick was changed to now plot at 2mm thick.

As you can imagine that made a big mess of all the drawings produced in the last ten years with grey as a light colour.

There is a .zip attatched to the following link that shows the line thickness standards used by the UK nuclear industry-

http://www.autocadeverything.com/help/showthread.php?t=3581

So does that mean the problem is fixed?

It is indeed fixed my friend. Thanks for the help with that problem.

Screening, dithering, halftone ? aren't we getting a bit techie here for a beginers forum?

Just using the .ctb file to set the plotted lineweights should do the job.

You may have to set up a couple of different white layers; eg. one white layer that plots colour 8, and another white layer that plots colour 399 (dont know what that is without checking but dont have Acad on this laptop), with different line thicknesses set for the colour numbers.

We had to do something like this recently when our major client rationalised their international sites and changed their draughting standards so that grey No.9 which used to plot at 0.18mm thick was changed to now plot at 2mm thick.

As you can imagine that made a big mess of all the drawings produced in the last ten years with grey as a light colour.

There is a .zip attatched to the following link that shows the line thickness standards used by the UK nuclear industry-

http://www.autocadeverything.com/help/showthread.php?t=3581

Even though it is a beginner forum, the beginner may need some "tech" advice to produce a good enough drawing.

It is indeed fixed my friend. Thanks for the help with that problem.

Glad I was able to be part of the thread and help out!