Vertical Text

CadNew

Hi there !

I am using Autocad 2007. I have a project that requires a specific font (Arial Narrow Bold), the tricky part ...I need the text vertically...no rotating...just like any asian language...

The vertical box option is not available. I have read that fonts that allow to be written vertically are the ones that start with @....Any ideas where can I find this type of fonts and how are they called?

Or if there is a way to write vertically any font similar to the Arial Family??...:?

Any Help will be appreciated

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADMASTER1128

• Lee Mac

• ReMark

• lpseifert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would say your best bet was to press enter after each letter.

But then again, that is only from what I know at the moment. I am sure I will learn and grow with AutoCAD as time permits.

I'm glad you found an answer to your problem.

Tx for reply.

I found a way to work it out.

Tx

Have a great day !

CadNew:

While we are glad to hear you solved your problem it would be nice if you shared your solution with the rest of the CAD community you decided to join. Someone else may pose the same question in the future.

I would say your best bet was to press enter after each letter.

But then again, that is only from what I know at the moment. I am sure I will learn and grow with AutoCAD as time permits.

I'm glad you found an answer to your problem.

That is what I do when I need vertical text.

I totally agree with the making a new style suggestion but what if the font itself (TrueType) does not support the vertical option?

You could always make a new style, makes for easier editing.

Good tip. Will keep that in my bag of tips an tricks.

I totally agree with the making a new style suggestion but what if the font itself (TrueType) does not support the vertical option?

I probably wouldn't use it then.

Any way to force the font via lisp to "assume the position"?

Ask Lee Mac, he seems to have a slow down in the LISP world.

This will set it for you, but only if you can.

(defun putVrt (sty)
 (and (tblsearch "STYLE" sty)
      (setq obj (entget (tblobjname "STYLE" sty)))
      (entmod
        (subst
          (cons 70
            (logior 4
              (cdr (assoc 70 obj))))
          (assoc 70 obj)
        obj)))
 (princ))

(defun c:test ()
 (putVrt "Standard")
 (command "_.regenall"))

Or as a toggle :D

[b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]defun[/color][/b] putVrt [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]sty [b][color=BLUE]/[/color][/b] obj [color=Black]70[/color]f[b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]and[/color][/b] [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]tblsearch[/color][/b] [b][color=#ff00ff]"STYLE"[/color][/b] sty[b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]setq[/color][/b] obj [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]entget[/color][/b] [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]tblobjname[/color][/b] [b][color=#ff00ff]"STYLE"[/color][/b] sty[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]entmod[/color][/b]
        [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]subst[/color][/b]
          [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]cons[/color][/b] [b][color=#009900]70[/color][/b]
            [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]cond[/color][/b]
              [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]zerop[/color][/b]
                 [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]logand[/color][/b]
                   [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]setq[/color][/b] [color=Black]70[/color]f
                     [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]cdr[/color][/b]
                       [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]assoc[/color][/b] [b][color=#009900]70[/color][/b] obj[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b] [b][color=#009900]4[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
                 [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]+[/color][/b] [color=Black]70[/color]f [b][color=#009900]4[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
              [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]t[/color][/b] [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]-[/color][/b] [color=Black]70[/color]f [b][color=#009900]4[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
          [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]assoc[/color][/b] [b][color=#009900]70[/color][/b] obj[b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
        obj[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]princ[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]

[b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]defun[/color][/b] c:test [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]putVrt [b][color=#ff00ff]"Standard"[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=RED]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]command[/color][/b] [b][color=#ff00ff]"_.regenall"[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]

Lee, I cant get this one to work. :x (Not mad at you)

Did you supply the correct TextStyle argument?

Does the font in the TextStyle allow for Vertical?

What error are you getting, if any?

Command: appload

vertical text.lsp successfully loaded.

vertical text.lsp successfully loaded.

Command:

Command:

Command:

Command: t

MTEXT Current text style: "RomanS" Text height: 3/32" Annotative: No

Specify first corner:

Specify opposite corner or [Height/Justify/Line

spacing/Rotation/Style/Width/Columns]: