make block.

Nilesh Jagtap

hi ...guys

i want to make a block such that its defualt attribute value=insertion point of that block in that dwg.

is it possible make this type of block?

it may be.....i m new user

if somebody have idea plz post it.....:D

Yes, it is possible. Back on September 16th, 2004 forum super member fuccaro wrote two lisp routines called MARKPUT and MARKUPDATE in response to a similar request. I suggest that you click on the link below and read the entire thread. Pay particular attention to the way MARKPUT is written in the event you wish to make minor changes (referencing your block). And please, if you do edit the routines, give credit where credit is due by including fuccaro's name. It is the proper way of doing things.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1738

alternatively you can create a block with your attribute in it. Then open it using BEDIT and right click to Insert Field in the value field. Look for Block Placeholder and use the Position field.

Once done insert your block - DO NOT TYPE IN A VALUE!

If you move your block you will need to REGEN the drawing to get the fields to update.

Fields. Yes. That's a good point and one I that keeps slipping my mind despite the fact I make good use of MS Access (database) which also uses fields.

Fields are good, but you must use an MtextAttribute - I have a LISP that will update all similarly tagged attributes with the correct field:

[ATTACH]13732[/ATTACH]

what else would you use? fields work in mtext, dtext, attdef.

what else would you use? fields work in mtext, dtext, attdef.

Lee, I'm confused. I used a normal AttDef which worked. Is this an MtextAttribute?

Yeah, sorry, not sure what planet I was on when I wrote that :oops: