TXTEXP does not convert text in to Lines and arcs

JONI

The Express tool TXTEXP does not convert text in to Lines and arcs

Only into Lines!

A closer look into the objects learns me that they only consist of straight lines and no arcs

Depending on the zoom factor in the drawing, on the moment of text selection I get different results in resolution but still into lines.

Due to performance reasons I do not like to go into high detail solutions,

I rather like to get the conversion to use arcs as well.

Is there a work around to found ? :cry:

I think I answered my own question. It does appear it is dependent upon the font that is being exploded. I tried out TXTEXP on a variation of the RomanS font and one called Helvo (emulates an open style Helvetica font). The RomanS font devolved into lines and line segments while the Helvo font devolved into lines, arcs and line/arc combinations.

You may have to change the font you are using to achieve the results you are looking for.

RomanS font is a series of straight lines as drawn.

But if you explode it, and then curve fit the resultant polyline, you get a smoother font than the original.

Beware that after exploding font, any lines are on layer 0 with a lineweight of 0 :huh:

Esses.jpg

Does it depend on the font you are exploding?

I use mostly TT fonts that are used in the dutch singning industry so choosing an alternative font is not an option

RomanS font is a series of straight lines as drawn.

But if you explode it, and then curve fit the resultant polyline, you get a smoother font than the original.

Beware that after exploding font, any lines are on layer 0 with a lineweight of 0 :huh:

hi

Curve-fit gives an unwanted effect for sharp angeled characters like

E P B A and so on

Joni

Join the curved sections only of the character into a ployline and curve fit. Leave the straight sections alone.

Surely E & A don't have many curved sections. It may be quite fiddley to create perfection, but if you want it, you have to spend time.

Here is a picture of a P character in Arial Bold, then when text exploded, and the third is of curved parts joined as a polyline and curve fitted.

Pees.jpg

TTF fonts are or really any font is made up of straights, arcs, fills etc its about the way the character is described same as SHX files maybe try searching for a TTF convert to dxf or shx ? This way you could convert any font.

There must be some info on "creating TTF fonts" same as autocads description on how to write SHX.