How many of you use Auto Publish?

ReMark

Auto Publish provides for the automatic creation of DWF files. Anyone here use this feature? Do you include model space and layouts, just model space or just layouts? Curiousity on my part, that's all. Thanks.

Note: This feature was first added in 2008.

Can't say I've ever used it to be honest.

I'm in the habit of qsave'ing at least 10 times per hour, so to have Auto Publish create that many DWF's would be tiresome and hard disk space hungry.

There is an option called Include.

"Specifies whether the Model, layouts or both the model and layouts are saved when you publish drawings."

Can't say I've ever used it to be honest.

I'm in the habit of qsave'ing at least 10 times per hour, so to have Auto Publish create that many DWF's would be tiresome and hard disk space hungry.

I am the same as NBC, I have my Automatic saving set tom save every 5 minutes. Works nice with no impact on HD space.

It isn't working. I set it up to to "prompt on close". Sometimes it acts like is is publishing to PDF, but when I look, the PDF is not created. (Yes I am looking through file explorer, not the Autocad open dialog box).

Also, the option for "location" to save the PDF ".PDF" isn't working either.

Is there a system variable I need to set for this AutoPublish to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I am aware that AutoPublish can be set up to auto publish DWF files but I was not aware that it could also do PDF. So, for the moment, I cannot answer your question. I would have to do a little research to be able to.

Changed command in AutoCAD 2010.

AUTOPUBLISH

Publishes drawings to DWF, DWFx, or PDF files automatically to a specified location.

Well now, learned something new today. Made getting up worthwhile after all.

(in options>auto publish options) You can specify the location of a specific folder (can browse to one) or even choose ".\PDF "(current containing folder of the open .dwg)

I love the fact that I can auto create PDFs (if this actually works) so engineers, etc. can e-mail PDFs without a drafter intervening. And you can set it to create the PDF on "close" not just "save" as others mention above.

And yes, this will further reduce my work load, and make me less valuable..but I strive for efficiency..

Does it automatically overwrite files after each save.

I tried it a couple of times and to be honest i found it kinda tedious.

it automatically works..even without your doing anything after setup..how is that tedious?

the reson i want to use this command, is the tedious nature of publishing PDFs for other people..this will let them just go grab the file that is auto created...