Error when opening drawing

90eagleTSI

I am getting several messages when I try to view and print drawings from one of our customers. I can open it w/ R14 and its fine to view drawings.

I am using AutoCad Mechanical 2006. I am not that formerly with Acad Mech 2006 as we dont use it much so you can say I am a newbie.

First off let me state this problem never occurred until recently after returning from vacation. Our IT guy had to create a new domain on the network for my PC as they could not access it while I was out and it lost most of my settings:o that was on it before and now I dont know how to fix it:(.

I have went to help topics and looked at the Live Enable options and thinking I did what was needed to download the proper object enablers it still does not work. Please review the screenshots of the error and tell me what I maybe overlooking or not doing right....

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

error3.jpg

error4.jpg

error5.jpg

error6.jpg

error7.jpg

error8.jpg

error9.jpg

error10.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 90eagleTSI

• chelsea1307

• Coosbaylumber

As I than click ok to proceed to the drawing as I would like it gives me this error.....

error11.jpg

Than after ok it shows me this error...

error12.jpg

what are your computer specs?

have you tried to run recover on the dwg to see if it is the file?

does this happen when trying to open anything or one specific file?

How big is/are the file/s?

have you tried opening the file/s from another computer?

I once had a similar situation back some years ago. If you have Adobe Photoshop on the computer, and it was loaded properly it ought to pick up and fire right off. The sender once had some photomanupilating system on their computer, and that embedded the charisterics into the drawing. You may not ahve exacly the same version make or model as they do. Have them yank it out and re-send a more blank version to you then.

They always say "yes, we have Photoshop on board here" but raely know anything else about it too. It may be a clone or wholely different brand version too.

Wm.

what are your computer specs?

I am sure it nothing to deal with the computer itself but I am running a old Dell Precision 360 Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 40HD, 1G Ram

have you tried to run recover on the dwg to see if it is the file?

I have tried the recovery command and it still does the same thing.

does this happen when trying to open anything or one specific file?

In general it only happens when I open our customers drawings. As mentioned before this did not happen before until they had to go and create a new domain for the my PC and lost a lot(all) of the personal settings and things.:huh:

How big is/are the file/s?

There files are in general between 200-300 KB, very rarely we see anything from them larger than 300 KB.

have you tried opening the file/s from another computer?

I have only one system with Acad 2005 and 2006 and they both do the same thing but if I convert the files down to Acad R14 and open it on another PC its fine.

I am really considering to take and reload the program again but I fear that this will not fix everything, as well I dont have time to and reset all my setting and tool bars (I know I sound like I am lazy:D). Anyway I am trying to get this matter resolved before they send in another pack of drawings in a amount of 40-60. Its easier to use 2006 (when it was working correctly) compared to Acad R14 needless to say.

I just dont know much about these object enablers as they mention but setting the update live enablers I am not sure if its current or not.

Anymore suggestions anyone?

I once had a similar situation back some years ago. If you have Adobe Photoshop on the computer, and it was loaded properly it ought to pick up and fire right off. The sender once had some photomanupilating system on their computer, and that embedded the charisterics into the drawing. You may not ahve exacly the same version make or model as they do. Have them yank it out and re-send a more blank version to you then.

They always say "yes, we have Photoshop on board here" but raely know anything else about it too. It may be a clone or wholely different brand version too.

Wm.

I/we do not have Adobe Photoshop installed on the PC and never have. I truly believe that Acad dont have all enablers active which maybe causing my problem.

after opening with R14 if you save it can you open with 2006? if not, can you open with r14 delete everything in the dwg and save it and load it up here to look at

the sys. req. for mech 2006 are below. you said you only had 1gb ram, are you running other programs at the same time? R14 takes less to run alone so that could be why it doesnt have a problem

Recommended System Requirements

This configuration is suggested primarily for detail-drafting activities, moderate use of the standard parts, and small 2D assemblies fewer than 100 parts.

• Intel Pentium III or later, with 1 Ghz or faster processor, or compatible
  • Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition (SP1 or SP2) or Windows 2000 SP4
  • 512 MB RAM (1 GB or greater recommended when running the Autodesk Vault Client)
  • 1 GB of free disk space
  • 32 MB OpenGL graphics card, 1280x1024x32-bit true color or better (Minimum is 1024x768 VGA with true color)
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 or later

after opening with R14 if you save it can you open with 2006? if not, can you open with r14 delete everything in the dwg and save it and load it up here to look at

I will try this when I get into the office.

Thanks for the help

the sys. req. for mech 2006 are below. you said you only had 1gb ram, are you running other programs at the same time? R14 takes less to run alone so that could be why it doesnt have a problem

Recommended System Requirements

This configuration is suggested primarily for detail-drafting activities, moderate use of the standard parts, and small 2D assemblies fewer than 100 parts.

• Intel Pentium III or later, with 1 Ghz or faster processor, or compatible
  • Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition (SP1 or SP2) or Windows 2000 SP4
  • 512 MB RAM (1 GB or greater recommended when running the Autodesk Vault Client)
  • 1 GB of free disk space
  • 32 MB OpenGL graphics card, 1280x1024x32-bit true color or better (Minimum is 1024x768 VGA with true color)
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 or later

I do meet all the necessary requirements. As mention before I never had this issue until recently.

Just food for thought I am able to run Visual Mill and Rhino3d in the back ground while having Acad2006 Mech open and running, so now issue there.

How can I check to see if I have all the necessary fonts and symbols or is there a way?

Ok I tried opening the drawing R14 and saving it but same thing occurs. Here is the dwg as you asked for (I left the outside border).

40273150TEST.dwg

If you decide to run repair, first export your profile and save it in a different location, this way after the repair you can import your profile back in. That got me thinking.

do you use a customised profile (im pretty sure you do since your worried about losing toolbars)

have you tried reverting back to an ootb profile? maybe you have your customised stuff looking in the wrong places

Ok that makes sense...anyway

How would I go about this?

have you tried reverting back to an ootb profile? maybe you have your customised stuff looking in the wrong places

go to options

and then select one of the other profiles

at least for vanilla and MEP thats the process never tried for mechanical

go to options

and then select one of the other profiles

at least for vanilla and MEP thats the process never tried for mechanical

Ok I reverted back to vanilla and try to open one of the current dwgs thats causing the problem and still no difference.

I am becoming impatient with this thing. I just wish people can leave things alone until I return or just pick up the phone and ask a simple question and than I would not need to be hear.