PC requirements

jatin1990

hi i am new in CAd so i want to know which of autocad will run best on my pc? my system configuration are :

128mb ram , 2.4Ghz P4 , 40GB HDD , D845GVSR and 32Mb Graphics Card

Can AutoCad2010 on my this pc?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• CADMASTER1128

• CadDan

• whitehaint

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You did not mention what OS you are running. Is it XP? Here are the recommended minimum specs for XP:

• Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional or Home edition (SP2 or later)
  • Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 1 GB free disk space for installation
  • 1,024 x 768 VGA display with true color
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later
  • Install from download, DVD, or CD

I think the those are some of the recommended settings for the version of CAD you are currently using(aCAD2004). We have almost the same spec on my old desktop I assembled in 2004, except for the graphics wherein I have 128MB of GPU RAM.

You will have to assemble/purchase a new desktop if you want to use acad2010.

AutoCAD 2010 will not work on that system. You will have to get a new gpu, more ram, and a new HDD.

I'm running AutoCAD 2007 on a 768mb ram system and cannot upgrade CAD versions until I get a new rig or upgrade this one.

Even with AutoCAD 2007 requiring 512mb of ram to run, I still have hangups with this system. So your best bet is to upgrade your current system or to buy an entirely new one.

This is the specs of my computer without knowing about the GPU:

Untitled.png

I am running autocad 2010 on a laptop with a 2.5 GHz dual core with 4 gigs of RAM at 800MHz with XP SP3 and it really lags when opening and loading tool bars as well when you want to move something it tends to have issues. I'd build up a good system with a near top end motherboard that can be upgraded a few times before replacement and get a quad core AMD processor and 4 gigs of DDR2 ram at 1066MHz, well if your impatient like me and hate waiting for things to load :)

I am running autocad 2010 on a laptop with a 2.5 GHz dual core with 4 gigs of RAM at 800MHz with XP SP3 and it really lags when opening and loading tool bars as well when you want to move something it tends to have issues. I'd build up a good system with a near top end motherboard that can be upgraded a few times before replacement and get a quad core AMD processor and 4 gigs of DDR2 ram at 1066MHz, well if your impatient like me and hate waiting for things to load :)

Is your system 32-bit or 64-bit? That or you just have way too many

things on your system, or are trying to multitask, which AMD is not that

well for.

What is your processors speed?

I'm running 32 bit with an Intel chip (I am not a Intel fan). Where does your comment come from on AMD processors? I am running one on my home system and I can run a server, photoshop, zend eclipse, have FTP transfers going and life is good. I think the issue with my laptop may partially be that it has integrated graphics on the mobo (I hate that!). I have issues as said above though on the laptop with only autocad running and not doing 3d work.

I'm running 32 bit with an Intel chip (I am not a Intel fan). Where does your comment come from on AMD processors? I am running one on my home system and I can run a server, photoshop, zend eclipse, have FTP transfers going and life is good. I think the issue with my laptop may partially be that it has integrated graphics on the mobo (I hate that!). I have issues as said above though on the laptop with only autocad running and not doing 3d work.

If you're trying to do 3D work with your laptop that has integrated graphics, then that is why it hangs. You need a dedicated GPU.

I say upgrade your mobo so you can upgrade your gpu.

AMD chip technology is beginning to make some strides after losing out to Intel. There was a time there when AMD was actually the chip-of-choice for many power users especially gamers. While I run an AMD chip-based mobo at home for work I always spec out an Intel-based mobo.

AMD chip technology is beginning to make some strides after losing out to Intel. There was a time there when AMD was actually the chip-of-choice for many power users especially gamers. While I run an AMD chip-based mobo at home for work I always spec out an Intel-based mobo.

Despite the price difference? I know I can get AMD top of the line quad core for under $200 and Intel is just short of $300 and I find the user features are so much nicer in regards to overclocking. Hehe, I think this is along the lines of arguing Nvidia vs Radeon. What socket processor do you run?

Despite the price difference? I know I can get AMD top of the line quad core for under $200 and Intel is just short of $300 and I find the user features are so much nicer in regards to overclocking. Hehe, I think this is along the lines of arguing Nvidia vs Radeon. What socket processor do you run?

Please keep the posts in this thread revolving around the original post.

Make another thread if you wish to talk outside of that.

You did not mention what OS you are running. Is it XP? Here are the recommended minimum specs for XP:

• Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional or Home edition (SP2 or later)
  • Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® dual-core processor, 1.6 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 1 GB free disk space for installation
  • 1,024 x 768 VGA display with true color
  • Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later
  • Install from download, DVD, or CD

i am running window XP SP2 Dark Edition. i am running successfully autocad2006 on my current pc without any problem. Yeah there is a little bit lagging whenever i applied some major commands or when i switch to 3dorbit view but i can compensate it. Actually i am mechanical engineering student and i have got some holidays near about 1 month and i want to learn basics of some of the worlds best 3d desgining software, in order to utilize my holiday time in learning a very demanding art. So anyone can recommand me with which programme i can go with my current pc configuration , it will ok even if there a little bit lagging in application bcos i just want to learn the system basics not to use it professionaly.

i will really thanks for usefull suggestions.

I still think you'll have a problem with 2010. Many users reported a problem with slow performance or lagging performance with 2009. You want to jump from 2006 to 2010? It's your computer do want you wish. What's the worse that can happen? It can crawl like a slug in a tub of molasses on a hot and humid August afternoon. Once that happens you'll run right out and buy a new computer. Same results only a different timeline.

I don't know if this will help, but her are my computer specs. I am able to run ACAD 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010 (Architecture) with no problems. 2010 Loads slow on start up but runs good after.

Can lower version of CATIA like V4 or V3 run on my pc?

If you're willing to spend thousands of dollars on these software programs, why are you not willing to throw in an extra thousand to upgrade your computer? :?