Object selection

Tekenmeester

Hi all, I have upgraded to 2010 recently and when I select objects on top of an image & try to use shift to deselect some objects it keeps on selecting the image. Anybody know how I can get it back to not selecting the image. Worked fine in 2009.

Thanks.:)

Has nobody had this problem, I still haven't got a solution to my problem and it is frustrating to work with this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, sorry but the image is to big, even an zip file. All I have is any image (Any image) and lines on to of the image. The when I select all and try to deselect a line it does not let me.

The image is xrefed into the dwg.

Check under Tools > Options > Selection tab and see if 'Use shift to add to selection' is ticked

Have tryied that, doesn't work with or without that ticked.

Why not just freeze the layer the image is on?

That works but I need to still see the image in most cases, plus it would be irritating to have to freeze the layer the whole time.

hmm...does it work the same with other objects without the image in the middle?

As soon as I remove the image everything works fine. I can select & deselect using shift as normal.

• 4 months later...

I found it!

You have to go to the Tool-based Geospatial Workspace, then under the Insert tab go to the Image area and click the little arrow pointing down and to the right which brings up the Raster Extension Options box, select the General tab and unselect the Shift+Left Click Image Select box.

I found it!

You have to go to the Tool-based Geospatial Workspace, then under the Insert tab go to the Image area and click the little arrow pointing down and to the right which brings up the Raster Extension Options box, select the General tab and unselect the Shift+Left Click Image Select box.

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER, THANKYOU VERY MUCH!!!!

:P:P:P:P

Found out it is only because I use Civil 3D as Autocad that I had the problem, the problem does not exist in Autocad by itself.

Thanks again!