Viewport and Model Space

john551

Hi,

I have a drawing in which I have made multiple layouts and viewports, primarily to have different scales for plotting purposes and to be able to have an orthographi image on a layer or topographic contours on another layer frozen/thawed in its respected current viewport. I prefer to keep layers on in the main model layout and freeze viewports in different layouts depending on what I need on and off. However, is there a way to turn off/freeze/etc. a layer in the main model layout but have it kept on in another layout? I ask because in the main model layout I need to work in with either the topographic contour layer on or the orthographic image layer on and turning one off affects all other viewports from other layouts. I apologize if I have made any confusion in what I call viewports, layouts and the main model space.

Thanks,

John

Under Layers> explore the New VP Freeze option. toggling this will hide/freeze layers on new viewports you create.

Im not sure if there is a command to directly hide/freeze layers in existing viewports but the above method is the only procedure available i think

No that is not available. You could stay in Layouts, and maximize the viewport, essentially doing exactly what you would like to do.

Thanks for the responses. Yah I suppose that is the workout around solution but not as ideal as I would hope in having sound drafting principles.

...in having sound drafting principles.

Nothing to do with drafting principles, everything to do with method of working and limitations of the tool at hand.

This is the reason maximize viewport was created.

Also, layer filters and layer state manager was created to help with this, pick one and go.