Line weights

bell531

I can create a layout containing various viewports to my model space. However when I try to plot it, the border line is not as bold as other lines in the drawing.

If I had used a predefined layout I do not have this problem, but I do need my own layout style. I am new to layouts and have learned to scale etc but this has stopped me in my tracks! Can anyone help please?

Try selecting the line then setting the properties. You can choose from several line weights. You won't see the weight until you select the LWT located toward the bottom of screen.

Let me know if that helps...

Thanks, I can see what the LWT button does now. but it doesn't seem to change the border. I think what I was referring to is called a title block, it is in paper space and is the edge of a viewport. I can change the properties in a similar way to other objects but the changes don't show in the plot. I think I can fix it by drawing polyline boxes in paper space over the edges of the viewports. It seems to work but is it the way to create a drawing plot?

Lineweights can be assigned within the Layer Properties Manager and as pointed out by CADMaster "seen" by toggling the LWT button. You can also assign a width to a polyline if you so desire.

Edges of viewports are normally not plotted. As a matter of fact I would recommend setting up a layer called Vports specifically for the creation of your viewports. You can choose to disable plotting of the Vport layer in Layer Properties Manager or you can just freeze the layer prior to printing/plotting.

I would check to see what layer the linework for your title block and border is on and then decide whether you want to assign it lineweight or give it a width.