Text height problem

Hi,

I want to change text height to 2.5. Now it is set up to 3. I think, there is some setting which doesn't give the opportunity to change it to any height which has decimal parts, it keeps going back to 3, also I can change it to 2, but not to 2.5, or 2.1, or anything what has decimal part. The same is with any other properties, such as dimensions, scale, etc. Does anyone know, what setting should I change?

Thanks

I think it is a problem with the Precision setting of your Units. Check it out. You probably have it set to "0". Change it to "0.0000" and see what happens.

Thanks for offer, but i wouldn't know how to use it:) never used any lisps before... is it some kind of programming thing? can you do it in autocad itself? would be useful to learn:)

Lisp is a programming language.

There are instructions on loading/using an AutoLISP routine in the AutoCAD FAQ section under the heading Customization.

It would be useful to know how to load a lisp routine. Whether or not you want to learn how to write a routine is entirely up to you but it isn't necessary.

I Have attached the LISP files incase anyone is interested.

"There are instructions on loading/using an AutoLISP routine in the AutoCAD FAQ section under the heading Customization"

i would read this first so you get an understanding but basically, i would just copy the lsp files into your USERLISP folder which could be located on your C: drive under autocad custom.

then once in autocad go to tools>autolisp>load application. then simply load the lisp file :)

you will find that the DT3 lisp file i have attached is actually 3.5, but if you just open the lisp file, you will be able to edit it by taking out only where the .5 is, to get size 3 text. alternativley you could change the number to what ever you like :)

any questions just ask :wink:

Dt2.lsp

Dt3.lsp