Cad Spyware/Virus Removal?

Ritch7

Hey guys,

I really hope you can help, I have just loaded up one of my new laptops after it had been wiped clean and started from fresh because of the speed of the thing! and now had it 2 weeks, and installed AutoCAD 2009 on it, and use it for general internet usage etc, but now every time I try to go on a website my internet browser redirects to fidscukonah .com then takes you to different sites for advertising like loans and clothing sites etc, how do I actually get rid of this I can't seem to understand how it got on my laptop, as I only really use cad (program wise) I’ve tried scanning with AVG and found nothing, if I knew where it was I could probably get rid of it, but I can't....:(

Please help someone its driving me crazy!!! Thanks ever so much in advance.

Ad-Aware is another good program for catching stuff like this.

How does it get there in the first place? Believe it or not some of it occurs right at the source of assembly.

You have to be very careful what you click on. If you visit a site which throws a pop up at you, Don't Click On It. Always open your Task Manager and close it there. By clicking on any part of the pop-up window, even the little red "X" in the corner, you are activating and allowing spyware/adware/malware to load on your computer.

Thanks guys so far, when I get home from work i'll try the two above, do you think they will be able to locate and delete it entirely?

Thanks again

wow Guys i dont know whats going on this seems to have happend to alot of people suddenly when i googled it yesterday morning hardly nothing came up and now lots of people have got the same problem as me, see below the q and a, and forum questions:

17 hours ago: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090818123830AAlBuqP

5 hours ago http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/fidscukonah-com-Redirect-virus-t249647.html

1 day ago http://www.experts-exchange.com/Virus_and_Spyware/Anti-Virus/Q_24658489.html

now im worried. :(

Full name of product Cary mentioned is Spybot Search & Destroy. I've used this one in the past as well. It's a good program.

I think your anti-virus program should have caught this one assuming you were running one to begin with. If you don't run an AV program I personally think you're asking for trouble every time you go on the Internet.

In addition to Spybot, while you are setting up Spybot in fact, go into the advanced settings and set up a hosts file. You can also go to http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm and follow the directions there. Once you figure out the ip address of the fidscukonah .com site, you can add it as an entry and you never go there again.

This also eleiminates all the stupid flashing advertisments and wasted screen space that now is used to display stuff you don't want and won't pay for.

One thing to keep in mind with the hosts file from the above site (which is updated regulary) -the sponsored links in google don't work. They come from the ad servers which are blocked by the hosts file. If you want to go to a site that is listed as a sponsored link, you need to either google the site itself, or strip the url down to just that of the site you want, deleting the adserver redirection.

Glen

yeh that's the bit i don't understand im running an anti-virus program, but it didnt notify me!! time to get rid of mcafee!!

thanks everyone. :)

time to get rid of mcafee!!

I ditched Mcrappy a long time ago, went with Norton, and never looked back. In the four years that I've had my laptop I have never been hijacked, spammed or botted. But then again, I'm really careful about what I click on when I browse sites.

• 4 months later...

Another cote here for Adaware by lavasoft.

You can also get a free online virus check at trend-micro's website. I've done it before and there were no 'catches'