Registered forum members do not see this ad.
The first Update (aka Service Pack) to AutoCAD 2010 and AutoCAD LT 2010 are now available for download. This update addresses over 160defects and issues reported by customers, product support, and Customer Error Reporting “CER” data, One of the highlight fixes is the fixing of attaching multiple Xrefs at one time.
There is a new change for Autodesk Subscription customers in this Update 1. If you are a subscription customer a balloon notification periodically displays in the InfoCenter making you aware of how much time remains before your subscription expires.  The Updates for AutoCAD Architecture 2010, AutoCAD MEP 2010, and AutoCAD Mechanical are currently undergoing pre-release beta testing on http://beta.autodesk.com.
AutoCAD Updates and Service Packs Updates & Service PacksTom Stoeckel has also blogged about this Update 1 for AutoCAD 2010 on the AutoCAD Support blog Without a net ~ Update 1 Released for AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT 2010
Problems Reported with the Customer Error Reporting Utility
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
- 3D Navigation Tools
- Action Recorder
- Annotation Scaling
- Check Spelling
- Customize User Interface (CUI)
- Database Connectivity
- Dynamic Dimensions
- External References
- File Navigation
- File Save
- Graphic System
- Keyboard Modifiers
- Memory Handling
- Multiline Text (mtext)
- Object Snaps
- Parametric Constraints
- Quick Access Toolbar
- Sheet Set Manager
- Visual Styles
The following defects have been fixed:
2D Drawing3D Modeling
- If the PLINETYPE system variable is set to 0, STRETCH does not work as expected on arc segments of polylines.
- When the PLINETYPE system variable is set to 0, the closing point of a polyline with segments of different widths do not display correctly.
- If you use the JOIN command on splines, a duplicate control point is inserted.
- When you use the JOIN command on multiple polylines, AutoCAD may crash.3D Navigation Tools
- When you open a drawing that contains solids, some solids display briefly and then disappear.
- If you use the JOIN command on splines, a duplicate control point is inserted.
- If a grip on a mesh face, edge, or vertex is highlighted and you use the ViewCube, AutoCAD crashes.Action Recorder
- When you use the 3DORBIT command, you cannot orbit correctly. You can only orbit around a single pivot point and you cannot orbit around a specific object in a large group of objects.Annotation Scaling
- An Action Recorder macro created in AutoCAD 2009 may fail to run in AutoCAD 2010.Blocks
- When there are xrefs in a drawing, changing annotation scales takes a long time.
- When an annotative style multiline text (mtext) is rotated or surrounded by a hatch, the boundary box does not display correctly.Check Spelling
- When you turn off the display of an attribute with a visibility parameter in a dynamic block, the Enhanced Attribute Editor lists attribute prompts incorrectly.
- You cannot copy an object from an AutoCAD 2009 drawing and paste it as a block into an AutoCAD 2010 drawing.
- You cannot use the Properties palette to set the value of a action parameter to 0.
- When you delete a constraint parameter from a dynamic block, AutoCAD may crash.
- You cannot stretch some dynamic blocks as expected.CUI
- When you run spellcheck on uppercase words, AutoCAD may crash.Data Extraction
- When you save a workspace, if the Enterprise CUIx file is read-only, AutoCAD crashes.
- Toolbar flyouts close unexpectedly.DGN Support
- When you use Data Extraction to extract the value of a block's multiline attribute into a table, text formatting code displays in the table.Digital Signature
- When a DGN file is imported, some attributes are missing.Dimensions
- When you open a drawing, the Invalid signature dialog box may display even if the digital signature is valid.DWF
- You cannot create an angular dimension between two lines in different XY planes.Dynamic Dimensions
- When the background color in AutoCAD is black, some DWF underlays do not display correctly.Export Layout
- When you use the COPYBASE command with Dynamic Input on, AutoCAD crashes.External References
- When you use the EXPORTLAYOUT command on files in which Standard styles have been renamed, AutoCAD crashes.Find and Replace
- You may not be able to bind multiple xrefs that include nested xrefs.General UI
- If you use Find and Replace, autonumbering is deleted.Graphic System
- On the status bar, the model or paperspace button may be missing, even after you have repeatedly turned it on.Hatch
- When the background color is changed in an active paperspace viewport, the cursor disappears.
- After you plot a drawing in AutoCAD, if you lock Microsoft Windows and then unlock it, AutoCAD may crash.Image
- When you turn off the current layer while grip editing a hatch boundary, AutoCAD crashes.
- When the UCSVP system variable is set to 0, hatched objects align with the WCS rather than the UCS.Inquiry Tools
- When you attach some TIFF images, AutoCAD crashes.
- TIFF images may not display correctly.Keyboard Modifiers
- The AREA command fails on some polylines.Layer
- When temporary overrides are enabled, keyboard input using the Shift key may not display on the command line.Licensing
- Xrefs on locked layers do not display faded as expected. The LAYLOCKFADECTL system variable fails to alter them.
- When you delete a certain layer, all layers may be deleted.LiveUpdate
- When you set your system time back more than 2 days, your license is broken.
- When you use a proxy server for internet access, the License Transfer Utility fails.Measurement Tools
- When you have Autodesk 2009 and AutoCAD 2010 installed side-by-side, LiveUpdate does not work in AutoCAD 2009.Migration
- When you use the MEASUREGEOM command, the tooltip and command line results are different. The tooltip result is incorrect.
- When you use the DIST command in model space, the results at the tooltip and the command line are different. The tooltip result is incorrect.Multileader (mleader)
- When you export certain profiles, AutoCAD crashes.
- When you save certain profiles migrated from AutoCAD 2009, AutoCAD 2010 crashes.
- When you mirror mleaders that contain blocks with multiline attributes, the mirrored attributes are incorrectly justified.Publish
- When you plot a drawing as a PDF file, the layer order is not alphabetized as expected.
- When a drawing that contains layers with names that include special characters is exported as a PDF, it cannot be opened.
- When you attach a large PDF file to your drawing, or try to attach it and then cancel the operation, performance is slow.Purge
- When Windows XP is set to Windows Classic theme, on any Asian language version of AutoCAD 2010, if you use the PUBLISH command, AutoCAD freezes.QUICKCALC
- On Windows Vista, in the Purge dialog box, when you attempt to use the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple items, the first highlighted item is de-selected.Recover
- Calculations performed by the QUICKCALC command may be incorrect.Reference Edit
- When you use the RECOVER command on a AutoCAD 2000 formatted drawing file, polylines and splines in the drawing are deleted.Ribbon
- When you use the REFSET command, you can only add one instance of a block to the reference set. Other instances are rejected and an error message displays.Section & Flatten
- Text styles from an attached xref display in the Ribbon text style control.
- When you switch between AutoCAD Classic and other workspaces (for example, 2D Drafting & Annotation or 3D Modeling), performance becomes slow.
- Layers with a VP Freeze for a viewport indicate the VP Freeze status even when the viewport is not active.
- When you click the File menu in the zero doc state, AutoCAD freezes.
- After you unload a partial CUI file, a tab remains on the ribbon. If you click the tab, AutoCAD crashes.Seek
- When you section solids through API, multiple memory leaks occur.Snaps
- The SHAREWITHSEEK command may not work if the port used to communicate with Seek is blocked by a firewall.Visual Lisp
- When you snap to the grid, there may be a slight offset from the grid.UCS
- When you use the CECOLOR system variable, the value returned by using the Getvar function is incorrect.
- In AutoCAD 2010 German, you cannot use ribbon controls to modify coordinates.
Between the Lines - Autodesk blog by Shaan Hurley