Obscured ductwork display at different elevations

arubus1977

Hello

(In plan view) I have a duct (A) going vertically down my drawing at an elevation of 4000. Underneath this i have anaother duct (B) at an elevation of 3000 drawn horizontally to the first. Duct A is obscuring duct B. How do i display the hidden lines on duct B? I have tried the following:

1. (in model space) Format->DisplayManager - expand 'Representation by object' - expand 'duct' - select 'plan'. I then change the linetype of 'contour-hidden' to multiple values but with no success.

2. I have tried a similar method to above but by right clicking the duct object->edit object display->display properties - then select the plan and change the linetype again...no success.

3. Tried to alter 2d hide-obscured lines setting in the visual styles manager.

4. Format->options->MEP Display control - check 'apply gap to inside and set b gap width to various ->Apply ->OK. This does not display a gap on the drawing?

Finally! I checked that the layer M-Hidn-Std-High is set to the HIDDEN2 linetype in the layer properties manager. I regen the drawing with OBJRELUPDATE each time?

All ductwork shows as solid lines in plan view, both model and paperspace. Am i way off track here? Hope someone can help. Thanks.

I have been playing around with this for 3 hours and now items 1, 2 and 4 all work fine???

Why would MEP not work for hours and then out of the blue, work the above problems fine? confused???

spoke too soon, randomly, MEP fails once again to display hidden lines, I have done nothing special to the drawing and all was working fine as stated above, changed from paper to model space and same problem. Could this be PC/Hardware/Graphics card problem?

HAve you checked your ltscales? I may be way off, but always worth a try. LTSCALE in model space, PSLTSCALE in Paperspace, toggle this between 1 and 0

Yep, i tried everything and was pulling my hair out towards the end. It turns out it was a specific problem with the individual drawing. I ran an audit and no errors were found. I copied and pasted my ductwork/pipework into a new drawing and all works fine/hidden lines showing etc............original drawing must have been corrupted in some way. Thanks for the response anyway.

Do you know how to fade your xrefs in MEP 2009. My laylockfadectl variable does not seem to work in MEP?