Open Revit 2010 files in AutoCAD2008

mck26c

For a new project we are thinking of getting a few Revit 2010 licenses. The newest version of any CAD/BIM program is AutoCAD 2008 and I have the trial of Revit 2010 which has ran out. I was asked by my boss if there would be a way we could open Revit 2010 files in AutoCAD 2008 just as 2D floor plans. I replied with probably not, but I would look into it. Can anyone back me up on this? Thanks!

Thanks Cad64. I was kind of thinking I would have you do something like that. Basically your saying we need to purchase a couple of licenses for our office spacifically for someone(me) to convert those files. See, we deal with vendors and the licenses we do get would go on onsite desktops for venders to be able to look at and correct BIM files. So we would need at least one more for our office to be able to convert those files.

If its for just this job just this once, download another 30-day trial on another machine, but yes, if this is something that you will need to do regularly then you will have to buy it