Vehicle Alpha Maps

Red333

Arjun, there are no vehicles on that site.

Red, I don't think you're going to have much luck finding anything free, but if you have photoshop, you can make your own. Just Google the type of cars you want and find a suitable image. Then extract the car from the photo and create your own maps.

Or, if you're willing to pay, there are companies like Dosch Design that offer some really nice, high quality content.

Arjun, there are no vehicles on that site.

Red, I don't think you're going to have much luck finding anything free, but if you have photoshop, you can make your own. Just Google the type of cars you want and find a suitable image. Then extract the car from the photo and create your own maps.

Or, if you're willing to pay, there are companies like Dosch Design that offer some really nice, high quality content.

although theres no cars but a lot of nice people and trees. and its free.

there are free cut out people and trees....

with apha channel

just click the download

and then, open the alpha channel in paint invert in..

2.JPG

3.JPG

arjun - Thanks for the link. There are a lot of nice trees and people images, but I really need some vehicles.

Cad64 - I don't have photoshop and I'd rather not pay for them, seeing as I don't use them that much. I need 1 or 2 for a particular project that I'm working on because I need be able to ghost them out.

Well, if you don't have Photoshop, you could always use Gimp. It's the next best thing to Photoshop, and it's free.

Thanks a lot! I'll definately look into that!

• 2 weeks later...

Open the Material Manager and create a new material

Place the color texture map, (Tree, People, etc.), in the Diffuse map slot

Place the Alpha map, (Black and White image), in the Opacity map slot

Adjust the "Scaling & Tiling" appropriately for each map

Hit Render to see the result

Excuse me while I get something off my chest . . .

Rant Mode On

I checked out a few of the trees on that Vyonyx site and found the alpha maps don't fit the color maps. So you will have to do a lot of fiddling with the alpha's in Photoshop to get them to match the color maps. It would be a lot easier to just create new alpha's from the color maps, but these images are not tif's. They're jpg's, so there's no easy way to separate the trees from their backgrounds. So what's the point of providing this type of content if you're not going to provide it in working order, or at least provide it in tif or psd format so we can fix it ourselves??? :glare:

Rant Mode Off

Ok, that's better . . .

To answer your question, just create a flat plane and apply your material to it. But good luck getting the opacity map to work. :wink:

see my attachment i have applied on a rectangle ...

You need to provide the materials that you've applied to the model in order for me to see what you've done. But if you read my last post, I'm not surprised that you're having problems.