Install New Hatch Patterns

Shibuboss

Hello everybody?

My computer is administrative password protected.so i can't install new hatch patterns to my system.i can't access c:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\Autodesk\(AutoCAD or LT version)\enu\support .

My question is there is any option, i mean any command through that i can install hatch pattern directly from autocad window.thanks in advance.

Please advise_____o:)

Sir thanks for your replay.

Sir totally the drive " C " is protected.i can't find even where it's path.dirve D,E,F can access.also i can open the control panel.only the " Fonts folder" and Autodesk polt style manager.

Regards_____:)

Sir thanks for your replay,

Yes sir i have USB port and flash drive?also i have external hard disk 80GB.

Regards______:)

Create a new hatch pattern file on your flash drive. Add the path to this file in your Support File Search Path. Make it the second line in the list.

Sir can you explained in detail.i don't know how to add path to the file in my Support File Search Path.thank you

Regards______:(

Tools > Options > Files > Support File Search Path. Expand the listing by clicking on the "+" sign. Look to the right. Click on the Add button. A blank box should appear at the end of the list of paths on the left. Type in the path. Example:

Let's assume your flash drive is designated as drive F. The path would be F:\myalct.pat.

Once the new path is added click on the MoveUp button to relocate this path near the top of the list. I recommend putting it in the second position for starters. Click the Apply button followed by clicking on the OK button.

Are you using aclt.pat or acltiso.pat currently?

Sir I got it.thanks,

This method i used...

Created a Folder for hatch patterns in my drive " E" and this folder add to ACAD's [Tools]>Options [Files]+Support File Search Path. thanks a lot

Sir thanks a lot,

Sir u won't believe that for the last few months i was struggled a lot becoz of this hatch pattern head ache.u give me really a big solution.thanks again.

Sir i am using aclt.pat type.

Sir basically i am an artist.not professional.here i am doing only 2d drawing for civil works.when ever i make the drawings i am curious abt my presentation.every time i try my level best to make my drawing like a good painting.that's why my project manager like my works.i lots two three appresiation becoz of this hatch issue.thanks a lot.

Regards______:D

You're most welcomed Shibuboss.

Early in my career I worked in the civil engineering field as well. What type of project are you currently working on?

You call yourself an 'artist'. Why is that? What is your background/education? Working with AutoCAD had to be a big challenge to you then. Keep up the good work. Your determination, in the end, will allow you to succeed.

Sir after completed my graduation in Economics i joined two year civil course for draughtman.i passed that couse in first class.and worked in an consulting company as a site supervisor.that time i joined Autocad class.I learned autocad2006.after two months i joined in my firm as a draughtman.coz i am not satisfied with supervison job.from 6 am to night 8.30 pm was my working time.yet my boss is not satisfied.when i change my designation working hour will be the same,but i enjoyed i my work.in the beging stage i know only 5 commands.my master teach me like that,like capsule.every day i learned new new things i never heard. Sir my father is a carpenter.he make very good carving work.yes i can say that he is my role model.in my child hood i got the inspiration to learn drawings from him.when i was in 5th standard he joined me in a drawing school.actually that was not a school.my father's friend is the master.he take the class in his home.till now i am continuing my drawing class.no end like auto cad.i like to make pencil sketches.after learning autocad i used to strat draw sketches in cad.it's wonderful.i used to make the woodcarving designs for my father with autocad.less time and perfection.great.

Regards_______:)

Hello Sir,

Right now my project is a 38 floor residential tower in dubai.before that b+g+2 commercial building in dubai.my nature of work is making shop drawings, proposal drawings; if any chages comes,preparing asbuilt dawing etc...mainly i am preparing architectural drawings.

From economics graduate to civil draughtsman. That is quite the journey. It must have been real nice to work with your father. Thanks for sharing with us.