Disappearing cross hairs, pick box

jdnash01

When switching to paper space, the cross hairs, pick box disappear. When moving curser out to the toolbars, it shows back up. What has happened? It didn't use to be this way. I can not see to pick viewports to modify. I can not see to pick anything in the viewport. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP? Has some setting changed?

When you swtich to Paper Space, does it look like a command is active at the commandline? Does the crosshair come back aftera while, ie the drawing takes a long time to load when switching? Does hitting Escape bring the crosshair back?

This problem only occurs on one computer, on all drawings. The same drawing file opened on a different computer does not have the problem. I do not have the crosshairs disapear in model space.

When switching to Paper Space, the command line shows what ever command I am using (move, draw a line, etc.) I am just unable to see what I a doing on the screen. If I go ahead and pick a location (to draw a line, move, etc.) the command executes properly but I am unable to see where the crosshairs are located. If drawing a line, the line shows up, if moving a viewport (if I am lucky enough to pick it) the viewport will move. It does not seem to be in the middle of a command and hitting the escape button does not bring the crosshair back.

Do you know if I have inadvertently picked some sort of setting that would make the crosshairs to disappear?

Please help!!

Could this possibly be graphics card related (a drivers issue)?

Is this computer that is experiencing the problem set up differently than the other?

Are you up-to-date with the service pack for 2009?

According to AutoDesk:

"This problem can occur when the value for snap spacing is larger than the current view of the drawing."

Maybe this is your situation?

This computer has been used for about 5 years with no problems. I don't think that it could be a graphics card problem, but I will check. It is not set up differently than any other computer, that is why I thought some sort of setting might have gotten picked.

I might have been unclear, I am using version 2007. I will check for service packs.

Thanks

Snap Spacing...... FANTASTIC!! Since I didn't understand the problem would you mind telling me how to view the value for snap spacing? Thanks

Another satisfied customer. Thank you for shopping at CADTutor. :)

Glad to hear that your problem was solved simply by adjusting the snap spacing. Thanks for updating us on its status.

You're good to go on adjusting snap increment values right?