Missing CUI File

RyanAtNelco

Hello,

I am having an issue with Autocad Architecture 09. When I start the program, for menu bars all i have is File Edit and Window. No draw, modify, etc. When I open up the CUI, it says it is unable to load the file. I can see the file if i browse through windows explorer. Does anyone have any clue why this might be happening?

Thank you!

ps the CUI is completely empty when i load it up. when i try to open the cui file through the CUI editor, i get another error message.

no, it is completely standard. no changes at all, it is my boss' computer and he does not know how to customize much of anything at all

when he loads autocad, he gets the message pdfinport.cui is write protected. the odd part is this computer had been working fine until today.

It sounds like some kind of conversion program for importing PDF files into AutoCAD. Maybe some software from www.autodwg.com? Does your boss, or your company, receive files in PDF format from time to time?

Yes. His system was just upgraded and he used to have that exact software. Could it be that his autocad settings were imported without reinstalling this piece of software?

So he does not have the software anymore right?

I take it his AutoCAD software was upgraded from some previous version? That might explain the message that is being seen.

another update: his settings were imported onto the new machine without installing the pdf converter software. there is now a trial version of the software on his machine. how it got there is a mystery. maybe when his settings were imported, a trial version of the software was as well.

it does not show up on his list of programs. our IT guy did not install it. im thinking when his settings were imported onto the new machine, something went screwy with that program

You should find that program and install it. Not sure why that would affect you acad.cui though.

unless someone (maybe not your boss but IT) edited his acad.cui to include the pdfinport.cui, have you tried copying a acad.cui from another machine and loading it?

There should be an original acad.cui in your \UserDataCache\Support directory. Delete the one currently being used and substitute a copy of the original in its place.