"replace Z Value With Current Elevation"

yrnomad

I was poking around in the options dialog of 2010 and noticed under the drafting tab there is a place to check in the bottom left corner for: "REPLACE Z VALUE WITH CURRENT ELEVATION" so I've been experimenting with it.

It seems to do what I've been hoping for as far as not snapping my lines to different z elevation from architectural floor plans. But it only seems to be a drawing variable, and needs to be reset each time you enter a new file.

So... I'm wondering if any of the rest of you have figured out a way to make this part of startup or if there is a separate system variable that will do the same.

• 5 years later...

This helped me and my colleague alot. Would like to add that i struggled finding the acaddoc.lsp file. I eventually found a file called acad2013.lsp at the following location C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\Support

This fixed the problem for me in acad and acad architecture