Model/Viewport

Hello everybody gudmorning.

I am in trouble.I am not that much aware of using viewport.today i received a drawing from the consultancy.in model space having one drawing it's a block.when i switch on the layout i can see around 8 layouts .each one having different drawings..likes sanitary,masonary, electrical etc.....how can i get one bye one in different dawings.coz i want to make each ones working drawing seperately.when i go to model space i gone mad.lots of things are there.all the layers are on in model and layout.....please advice

Regards________o:)

Please confirm the following. There are eight layout tabs correct?

Why do you want to create eight different drawings? The concept of layouts was created to avoid doing exactly what you are suggesting. Think about it.

Sir thanks for your replay,

Sir in model tab one drawing is there.it's a block.and it's not made with xref.i can't explode this drawing also.the drawing is a in a crowded form.every details is there.in layout they arranged the each drawings in seperatee layouts as i told u.my question is how they arrange like this.and also why i cant explode that drawing in model space.

I used " Export Layout to Model "command for seperate the layout drawings. now i can work.but still i am in darkness.

Regards_______o:)

How many times did you try to "explode" this model space drawing? Could it be a nested block?

How do you know it is not an Xref?

I've done drawings where I will put everything in model space. This can be plans, elevations and details. There can be ten different sub-drawings. Then I move to paperspace and create a separate layout for the plan view, the elevations and the details. This is an efficient way of doing things rather than creating a separate drawing for each. I think the drawing you have received is set up in a similar manner. I would advise against making eight separate drawings out of it unless there is some demanding need to do so.

How large (file size) is the drawing?

Lots of time i try two commands, "explode" and "burst" it's not applicable.after that i try " bedit" command.from there after lots of it's exploded.but i am not happy with that.

Sir when i try to "etransmit" this dwg it's not working.so i thought that it's not an xref.am i correct sir?

The dwg size is 30.2mb.please advise

Regards_________o:)

Sir in model tab one drawing is there.ithe drawing is a in a crowded form.every details is there.in layout they arranged the each drawings in seperatee layouts as i told u.my question is how they arrange like this.

o:)

this can be done using different layer states for each viewport/layout. to work on this drawing in modelspace you need to swtch between those layer states. if they have not created layewr states & siply turned off selective layers in relative viewport, you can creat those layer states by going to model space thru paper sapce & save the current layer state with that layout name.

then you can restore them to work in model spacew normally.

if you don't know anything about layer sates, then you need to first read about & learn.

as to why the whole drawing is block i don't know.

Hi Dipali thanks for your replay,

Yes now i saw these layouts are created with layer slates ( around 54 slates ).i admit that i don't know how to work in layer slates.defnetly i will learn.atleast tell me how can i switch between layer slates and work in model space.thanks in advance

Regards________o:)

I am not sure as to what version of Acad LT is being mentioned here, nor as to waht commands are available then. But, I think would drop out of Paperspace, go to a Model Space setting, and then begin hitting the LIST button, get some names, find where those XREF'd drawings exist at, and then chase backwards from there. This will not be a fast way, but is accurate.

Alter the parent drawings, with an eye to the finished product over in Paperspace then. Don't want to mess up something that don't count.

And.. keep active the .BAK files for awhile, and don't eliminate them as I do here.

Wm.

Its been a long since i worked with layer stae so had to open pne drawing containg layer states.

you open layer state manager located under 'format' tab

than you select the layer state you need to make current & click on restore.

to creat ew layer state isolate layers you want to see & open layer state manager, it will show isolated layer state & clcik save.

I had learnt to work with it by playing around with that dialoguebox ^ reading hlep & trial error method. so save acopy of your drawing & play around.

Thanks for your replay Coosbaylumber,Dipali,

Dipali thanks a lot . as you said i used the method.but the drawing is come as block.what shoul be the reason.

Coosebaylumber i check the drawing as you advise.but i cant find any xref in it.this is the block name ( Block Name: "A$C7C1466B9" ).thank you

Regards________:(

Sir it's a confidential one.i am not able to post that dwg here.sir shall i send that dwg to your email id.the file size is 30.2mb.

Regards_______:(

You still have had no luck with this drawing despite the suggestions offered?

Can you contact the person that sent it to you and ask them what they did and how?

The email address I've listed is for work. Unfortunately, I will not be back in the office until Tuesday morning.

Do you have anyone in your office that you can talk to about this drawing, because without seeing it firsthand, it's very difficult to speculate on what's happening.

You said the drawing is a block but you can't Explode it, correct? If so, it could be that the block was created in such a way that it cannot be exploded. What you need to do is use BEDIT to open the block in the block editor. Once you have it open in the block editor, do not select anything, just open the "Properties" palette. In the "Block" section set "Allow Exploding" to "Yes". Now close the block editor and be sure to save changes. Once you're back in Model Space you should be able to Explode the block.

Once you have the block Exploded, use WBLOCK to save out different parts of the drawing to their own drawing files, which I assume you want to use as Xref's for other drawings? :unsure:

Good morning Mr. Cad 64

As you said i used the command "BEDIT".then property,i can see there "Allow Exploding - Yes " is active.here i am attaching the image1 for that, and check the property of that drawing 2nd attachment.

Cad64 i am working one of our site office.i already check with my friends and collegues.after that i check with the consultancy.they are telling that they don't want to disclose their standard secret.so what do.

Anyway i finished my job.without exploding the drawing.

I used lots of lisps took from the cad sites to explode this drawing.it's not working.especially "EXPLODEM" lisp.i thought that it's a multiple block.i used the commands EXPLODE,XPLODE,BURST,FLATTEN,EXPLODE...etc..yet i can't get a right solution.after experience all these commands i posted this thread to forum.

Is this drawing have any relation with "MINSERT".i read somewhere that minserted object can't be exploded.what's your opinion?my friend if you don't mind,i can send this drawings to your email.really i need a solution for this.coz i don't want to waste my working time play with such kind of drawings.please help.

explode block.jpg

list 2.JPG

Coosebaylumber i check the drawing as you advise.but i cant find any xref in it.this is the block name ( Block Name: "A$C7C1466B9" ).:(

this type of name for block appears when someone uses paste as a block option.

not sure if it will work but

try 'wblock' command & in that dialoguebox u have option to choose block, use that & send this block to different file & than open that new drawing & see if you can explode it.

Thanks for yout replay Dipali.

I used " WBLOCK " command and send the drawings to new file.but still i can't explode the block.

i already check with my friends and collegues.after that i check with the consultancy.they are telling that they don't want to disclose their standard secret.so what do.

If you've contacted the consultant and they told you that the drawing was locked in order to protect their intellectual property, then there is nothing we can or should do to help you unlock their drawing. If they wanted you to have access to it they wouldn't have locked it. But at least they provided you with a CAD file to use as a base. Some companies will only release pdf's.

But as you said, the job is already done now, so no more worries, right? :unsure:

Good Morning Cad64.

Thanks for your replay.

Yes Cad64, from consultant part they are doing is correct.for protect their on properties.

But for me, ( a nutshell in auto cad ) it's very hard to overcome this situation.

Buddy after joining this forum i learned a lot.i am very much proud that i am a part of forum.everyday i am learning new new thing.thanks for all forum members.you're so kind to me.

"I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." You are correct Remark Sir.thanks for that quote.

I unlocked that drawing using " Expot Layout to model " Command.

As i told you before that i am working in AutocadLT.this command is not in LT.In autocad 2009 you can find that command.

Plese see the links want to know more about " Expot Layout to model ".thank you

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15207

Regards_______:)