Can any one help me to replace attribute values in Block.

shamkumaresan

Dear friends, i am new to this forum.

I want to replace file name in title block attribute with field (file name). i have to replace all iso's, p&id & ga's.

Can any one post script for this...

Block name : a3

tag : file

Thanks in advance...

Kumaresan

Welcome to the CADTutor forum shamkumaresan.

Let's see if I have this correct. You want to be able to replace a block attribute with a field?

Hi Ronjon, i can do by double click on attribute and past with %% (since each file have only one title block) and save. but i want to reduce all steps into one single step.

All you need to do is filter out your title blocks and paste %% into the appropriate attribute in the properties dialogue.

Yes my friend, i want to replace more than 4000 files title block attribute with field (file name)

Welcome to the CADTutor forum shamkumaresan.

Let's see if I have this correct. You want to be able to replace a block attribute with a field?

Hi Calvin, I think it will make more steps than by double clinking atribute & past %% then save file.

hardly, you will remove the need to do this in the future.

hardly, you will remove the need to do this in the future.

Correct. You will then only have one title sheet to deal with rather than 4000 sheet files with the title block inserted into each of them as a block. That is 3999 less steps to go through.

Correct. You will then only have one title sheet to deal with rather than 4000 sheet files with the title block inserted into each of them as a block. That is 3999 less steps to go through.

I like to update all the files like giving batch plot.

(Because our company keeps separate file for each iso lines.) we are not using xref blocks or both model space & paper space in same file.

thanks

kumaresan

I like to update all the files like giving batch plot.

(Because our company keeps separate file for each iso lines.) we are not using xref blocks or both model space & paper space in same file.

thanks

kumaresan

That seems very counter productive. Creates more work than is necessary. CAD was designed to help make our lives easier as drafter/designers not make it more complicated.