Schedule Tag Creation Problem

dcandmc

I need some help creating a new "Room Tag" which is a schedule tag.

Forgive me for explaining the steps I have used.

1. created the tag using:

SPACEOBJECTS:NAME

SPACESTYLES:LENGTH X SPACESTYLES:WIDTH

2. Defined Schedule Tag and gave it a name

3. Dragged it into the Tool Pallet

4. Inserted it into the drawing, and anchored to the space.

All worked well But....

Now the real question is why will it not come into the drawing at the right text height? I would like the block to be manipulated by "Annotation Scale"

I have done the following: set the text height to 3/32, 1:1, 4.5" and even divided it by 12 (don't ask why sounded good at the time). Even edited the block and re-saved nothing has worked yet.

My guess is I missed some stupid little step or I am making this to hard.

Thanks

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcandmc

• Noahma

• CADMASTER1128

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't used the Room Tags Feature, but when using the door and window callouts, you need to select the Door or Window...

Do you need to select the space or room?

Yes, I have selected or "anchored" it to the space and it reports great. Its just that my custom Tag has the wrong text height, and does not change or react to the "Annotation Scale".

OK, So here is what I did.... I first want to make sure I did this right as I have never used this feature before - If correct then I will explain my process.

See attached Image:

room tag.jpg

looks great so far, except change the Room Tag a little, add another feature such as Length and width See, my post above for the correct property sets. And then try and reinsert it, If it still works for all the annotation scales, I would really like to know what you did.

I need some help creating a new "Room Tag" which is a schedule tag.

Forgive me for explaining the steps I have used.

1. created the tag using:

SPACEOBJECTS:NAME

SPACESTYLES:LENGTH X SPACESTYLES:WIDTH

2. Defined Schedule Tag and gave it a name

3. Dragged it into the Tool Pallet

4. Inserted it into the drawing, and anchored to the space.

All worked well But....

Now the real question is why will it not come into the drawing at the right text height? I would like the block to be manipulated by "Annotation Scale"

I have done the following: set the text height to 3/32, 1:1, 4.5" and even divided it by 12 (don't ask why sounded good at the time). Even edited the block and re-saved nothing has worked yet.

My guess is I missed some stupid little step or I am making this to hard.

Thanks

I find this annoying as well. Change your scale in the lower part of the screen to 1"-1'-0" Then insert the tag, this should put it at the right size. It is related to the annotation scale stuff they put in a few releases ago.

Noahma I think your on to somthing, it is now at the right scale for this drawing but what if I should chose to change the scale to 1/8?

[ATTACH]14126[/ATTACH]

If you have set to annotative then 1/8'' then the text will become 6'' text (when plotted) as long as it set to 1/4''=1'-0''

Noahma I think your on to somthing, it is now at the right scale for this drawing but what if I should chose to change the scale to 1/8?

[ATTACH]14126[/ATTACH]

Hmm. I will have to take some time to play around with that. About 98% of our plans are printed at 1/4 scale. I have yet to test it out in 1/8

Here is another Tag added using Annotation scale 1/8"=1'-0" You can see I have done something wrong because the text is way to large at this point. Now reason would say that if I could figure what scale factor it is increasing by I should be able to fix it. But I have yet to narrow that down. But will keep working on that

prntscreen.jpg

Noahma, yes most of my sheets are 1/4", when designing a house but all he large projects such as hospitals and others do require varying scales.

I had the same results as you. I managed to get everything to use the annotation scales, except the multi-view block tags.

I wonder if this is going to be a good question for AUGI to help tackle.

I am sorry, I am not familiar with AUGI, is that something to do with Autodesk or another group here in the forums?

it is the Autocad Users Group International. They are sponsored by Autodesk. There are some very knowledgeable people there in terms of Autocad Architecture. under the AEC portion of the website.

This is my first go to for questions, then Augi, then the Autodesk forums.

They are over at http://www.Augi.com

ok, I think I have found more info. If you add one of the out of the box door or window tags. and right click on it, you have the option to "annotative object scale" You can add scales in there. For some reason, my custom tag will not let me choose that. I am investigating a bit more to see what I can do.