N/E Coordinates

Hey guys and Gals,

The Problem: I am currently working on multiple drawings in NAD83 Coordinates, and I need to call out all of the standard things. Corners, and the like. Now, the problem is I am not finding any "Place Coordinate" command. (I am too used to Microstation) Anyway, So I was wondering if you guy/gals knew of any command that I could use that would automatically place coordinate readout text into the drawing, with a leader. I have thought about writing my own script for it, but frankly, that just seems like a whole lot of work for a problem that may already be solved.

Thanks,

I think DIMORDINATE is what you are looking for.

I've seen several lisps that may help automate what you are trying to do. Try a search here for them...(I don't have any off hand..)

I have thought about writing my own script for it, but frankly, that just seems like a whole lot of work for a problem that may already be solved.

Thanks,

lol, that's just too funny.

(and (setq Point (getpoint "\nSpecify point: "))
    (setq Point (mapcar 'rtos (trans Point 1 0))
          Value (strcat "NORTHING: " (cadr Point) "\\P"
                        "EASTING: " (car Point) "\\P"
                        "ELEV.: " (caddr Point)
                        )
          )
    )

Create a Point; then create 2 fields using the point as the Object Type and Position as the Property. Specify Y position for Northing and X position as the Easting. Under Additional Format you can specify prefixes, e.g. N: E:. then make it a block using the point as the insert point.

j1.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

i would like to preface this by saying that i have not had hardly any experience in autocad past simply drawing shapes and polylines...

i'm working on landscape construction documents for school and i was wondering how to set a particular point as 0,0 for the coordinate system so that i could base all my coordinates off of that beginning point. once i have that, how do i even dimension it to say:

N: 532' 6"

E: 401' 3"

I tried using directions above and could not format the text to read how i wanted it to...