Cursor problem in Visual Styles

ARYT

I think, the pictures say it all. When you switch to "Visual Styles" (3D Hidden, Conceptual, Realistic, et cetra), the cursor messes up your drawing. (I need to use the “subtract command” which is not operational in non-visual styles and 2D).

I'm using AutoCAD 2008 (B.51.0).

Running Windows Vista Home Premium (32-Bit) with this specification:

CPU: Intel Duo core 2.4

RAM: 4GB DDR2

Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 (512 MB + 1279 MB shared = 1791 MB).

cursor2.jpg

cursor3.jpg

cursor1.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ARYT

• ReMark

• kencaz

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options > Motion.

I just did. Everything seems to be normal. Besides, I have no problem with my mouse pointer elsewhere.

What do you have showing in Tools > Options for your mouse?

Maybe it's a graphics chip driver problem.

Under which tab I can check the options for Mouse, pointer and stuff?

mousej.jpg

Should I reset the whole thing? :roll:

You're running a digitizer as well?

Not very sure about this "Wintab Compatible...":? but I didn't change any of these default options.

cursor5.jpg

You may find this useful. When I try to choose the "Wintab compatible ...", I end up with an error:

cursor52.jpg

I have been unable to duplicate the problem you are having. Even changing the mouse settings for speed and for mouse trails has no effect. And yes, I did test it with a 3D drawing using a Conceptual visual style.

My last shot at this as I'm running out of ideas. From AutoDesk about a similar type problem having to do with dots. Can't say with 100% certainty they'll work but its worth a try.

Method #1

Reduce the level of hardware acceleration at the operating system. See related solutions under "See also" for information about adjusting hardware acceleration at the operating system level.

Method #2

Switch to software acceleration in AutoCAD.

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
  2. In the Options dialog box, click the System tab.
  3. Under Current 3D Graphics Display, click Properties.
  4. Under Acceleration, click the Software button.

Just asking. No you are not running a digitizer.

Have you played around with your 3D performance settings?

Nope o:)

When did the problem first occur?

You might try updating your drivers via the 3Dconfig command in AutoCAD.

I did, no difference. :roll:

My last shot at this as I'm running out of ideas. From AutoDesk about a similar type problem having to do with dots. Can't say with 100% certainty they'll work but its worth a try.

Method #1

Reduce the level of hardware acceleration at the operating system. See related solutions under "See also" for information about adjusting hardware acceleration at the operating system level.

Method #2

Switch to software acceleration in AutoCAD.

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
  2. In the Options dialog box, click the System tab.
  3. Under Current 3D Graphics Display, click Properties.
  4. Under Acceleration, click the Software button.

I cannot find any "Properties" under "system" tab. You can see the picture of the "system" tab up there. :geek:

Looks like your in perspective mode? Try typing "Perspective" and change the value to '0' if it is not already.

Also try "3DCONFIG" at the command line and make sure "Adaptive Degradation" is checked. You can also select the degradation order if you want to play with that.

Other then that, try changing your background color to black and see if that has any effect.

If it turns out to be an AutoCad problem you can repair Autocads installation in add and remove programs.

KC

Looks like your in perspective mode? Try typing "Perspective" and change the value to '0' if it is not already.

Also try "3DCONFIG" at the command line and make sure "Adaptive Degradation" is checked. You can also select the degradation order if you want to play with that.

Other then that, try changing your background color to black and see if that has any effect.

If it turns out to be an AutoCad problem you can repair Autocads installation in add and remove programs.

KC

1) It's not in perspective mode.

2)Adaptive Degradation is checked.

3) How do I change the background color?

Thanks anyway :)