Express- linetype

gideonbh

I'm currently running AutoCAD LT 2010, and I've been expriementing with different custom linetypes ive made in notepad by editing the autocad.lin file. I can make most lines i could ever need here, but I still have a few questions.

Now, in a video I've seen on youtube, a man uses "Express>Make linetype" to create different lines IN AutoCAD, which instrests me. Again, I'm running AutoCAD LT 2010, and when he clicks on the "A" in the lop left corner, theres "file" ect. line there would be on an internet browser or whatever. Although, in my version it only has "New,Open, Save, Plot," and so on, so, my question, is why I have no express tool in that area, and where is it if it's not there?

Thanks,

No express tools in LT versions of Autocad, as rkmcswain stated above.

You might have to upgrade to the full version of AutoCad 2010, Sorry.

Perhaps ask Lee Mac if he has a lisp that'll help you out.

Unless Lee's a miracle worker, lisps won't work in LT either.

Oops, right light doesn't work for Lee's LISP files.

Time to upgrade to the full version.

Alright, thanks for the help. I guess I'll just stick to edidting the lines in notepad >.>

Thanks again.

I feel for you. I remember having to create linetypes that way when I started working in Autocad v14. I've completely forgotten how to make linetypes w/o the use of "mkltype".

Original quote:-

I'm currently running AutoCAD LT 2010, and I've been expriementing with different custom linetypes ive made in notepad by editing the autocad.lin file. I can make most lines i could ever need here, but I still have a few questions.

Now, in a video I've seen on youtube, a man uses "Express>Make linetype" to create different lines IN AutoCAD, which instrests me. Again, I'm running AutoCAD LT 2010, and when he clicks on the "A" in the lop left corner, theres "file" ect. line there would be on an internet browser or whatever. Although, in my version it only has "New,Open, Save, Plot," and so on, so, my question, is why I have no express tool in that area, and where is it if it's not there?

Please try _LZ command if you have LT Toolbox.

Regards______:)