Good Advice about 3ds max tutorials for architectural modeling and rendering

pdxdan11

Hello,

I have written before regarding finding really good tutorials for 3ds max for architectural rendering and modeling. I am mostly an autocad user and have built several building models which have been brought into 3ds max to render the sites and buildings. Cad64 has turned me onto a few sites and I have found a few tutorials relating to architectural modeling and rendering. I am not really interested in animation at this time. What I am looking for are really good video tutorials just covering architectural modeling and rendering. Is there such a thing? I have seen many web sites for companies advertising their beautiful rendering techniques for hire and would like to learn to produce renderings like theirs. I have purchased a few books online which will arrive in several weeks so I hope they are helpful however I still would like to purchase some good video tutorials for 3ds max 2009. Some of the really good free tutorials I visited a few months ago are now locked and I wanted to refresh myself on the techniques such as shapemerge for example. I seem to be looking in all of the wrong places and many of the sites are darned difficult to get into. Perhaps it is my lack of experience. Has anyone else found it difficult to find these tutorials and if so are there any suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help.:wink:

Well, I still believe the content provided by 3DATS.com is probably the best there is. I don't think they provide video training, but their books are some of the best I've seen. They also offer online training, but I imagine it's probably quite expensive. :unsure:

Another option would be to purchase some of the "Archexteriors" collections from Evermotion.org. These are fully modeled and textured scenes, ready for rendering. From these, you can sort of reverse engineer them and see how they were created. But again, that can get pretty expensive if you buy several of them.

I've never found any video training specific to architextural visualization though. Everything I know has just been picked up through books, online forums and good old trial and error. But it really just boils down to "practice makes perfect". The more you do it, the better you'll get.

These are two books that I have found to be invaluable assets:

Foundation 3ds Max 8 Architectural Visualization

Rendering with mental ray & 3ds Max