Help!i need to know

Temisan2009

I don't think it would be much use to you as a student; Civil 3D is an aid for the design of the stuff you're learning now. My daughter is in her 4th year as a student majoring in Civil Engineering; I installed Civil 3D on her computer a few years back and she has never opened it, and she is doing quite well in her studies. IMO you'd be best served concentrating on your curriculum.

You can see the features of Civil 3D here.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8777380

You should get some good book for the software as well, like the "Mastering Civil 3d" or something, I have only used the one I mentioned and it was pretty good. It is quite confusing to get on the right track if you don't have a good guide.

As for learning, it depends on the university and what rules they have, at mine i was able to use a laptop and had to calculate different values, like cut and fill, areas etc, and if you know how to use autocad it is really quick and easy, plus you can always use autocad to check hand calculated values to see if they are correct.

Today without good software knowledge you will not be competitive enough in the civil engineering field, so start learning civil 3d or other similar software asap. :)